The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Scammers back
3 listings on Ebay selling on behalf of a family member, an Ulster, a Green and a Red Ruby, all been reported.
(09-06-2018, 04:55 PM)Nigel was in Brittany Wrote: 3 listings on Ebay selling on behalf of a family member, an Ulster, a Green and a Red Ruby, all been reported.

I was unaware of this scam and sent an email enquiry. Nothing further. Is there a threat?

(09-06-2018, 06:05 PM)Biddlecombe Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 04:55 PM)Nigel was in Brittany Wrote: 3 listings on Ebay selling on behalf of a family member, an Ulster, a Green and a Red Ruby, all been reported.

I was unaware of this scam and sent an email enquiry. Nothing further. Is there a threat?

Just caught up on previous threads, thank you. Paypal password changed.

Just caught up on previous threads, thank you. Paypal password changed.
Just had the emails!! In the Orkneys? Belonged to my husband and signed Alan? £3600 and I can deliver? Reported to ebay again.
It was being sold on behalf of Uncle Alan last time !
Not scamming, but anyone else spot the white tourer on eBay which has had the head converted to unleaded years ago?  Big Grin
1931 RN, 1933 APD
That takes some skill ...
Red Ruby back on tonight with a different seller, maybe Uncle Alan has moved.
(09-06-2018, 04:55 PM)Nigel was in Brittany Wrote: 3 listings on Ebay
I don't know if others have noticed, but the scammer usually lists as many as 300 cars and motorbikes all in one go! What he must be doing is lining up all his listings with a timed start, so that they all appear at the exact same moment. This allows him to cast his net as widely as possible before the entire lot are removed as a result of fraud reports, typically within an hour.
But why? What's the point? How does the scam work? Is he hoping that one or two won't get reported?
No. Once one listing gets reported, the entire lot will go. Then he'll line up a new batch later in the day under yet another hacked seller ID. His expectation is that the listings will be around flor long enough for interested parties to make contact via the email address(es) he provides. The vehicles are invariably listed at bargain prices so that interested parties will act quickly.