The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's My Car Number?
Question 
Hi All,

Following another great meeting at Wollaton last weekend, I have set myself a mission to find my car number or to at least know what would have been stamped on the little ID plate that is on the nearside of the battery/toolbox.

Under the bonnet of most of the Ruby's on show, the plate was clearly visible and stamped accordingly.

As I have a late Opal (1937), I have always thought that the 'Car Number' was not available as this ceased to be used after a certain point. Can anyone confirm this? It's a bit odd as the two holes that are used to mount the plate are there on my 7.

I assume that the plate should say 'Car No.' followed by 'APE' and a set of 5-6 numbers? Where can I find out?  Huh

Thanks for any advice.

Matt
If you remove the plate the handbrake lever comes through, about an inch down on the prop shaft tunnel you should find the body number stamped into the top of the tunnel. But in saying that my 1937 Pearl does not have it stamped but my 1938/9 Ruby does.
(09-06-2018, 04:45 PM)Nigel was in Brittany Wrote: If you remove the plate the handbrake lever comes through, about an inch down on the prop shaft tunnel you should find the body number stamped into the top of the tunnel. But in saying that my 1937 Pearl does not have it stamped but my 1938/9 Ruby does.

Thanks Nigel. I did know about the number but it’s unfortunately illegible on my car.
By 1937, wasn't the Car Number (ARR, APE or whatever the prefix) the same as the chassis number?

Just checked the Association Chassis Register: all the Opals after chassis 249xxx (late 1936) are quoting the same APE number as the chassis number.
Yes Mike I agree with that.
Black Art Enthusiast