The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1928/29 throttle cross shaft
Good afternoon all. Is the throttle cross shaft on a 1928/29 car straight or bent rather like a hump backed bridge?

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire

Stuart
On a '32 RN its straight. But that may not help you !
The ones on my cars, of that period, are straight behind the block Stuart.
Many thanks for the prompt replies but it begs the question to what model were the cranked ones fitted?

Stuart
Nippy - they have a sort of bulge...probably a couple of owners after one too if you have a spare!
1933 and 1934 models had them.
Many thanks  for the responses, straight it is then.

Stuart
(06-06-2018, 06:36 PM)Stuart Joseph Wrote: Many thanks  for the responses, straight it is then.

Stuart
Stuart - another difference between the '29 cross shaft as opposed to say a Ruby one - the two mounting blocks are round on the vintage shafts, whereas the later ones are square with only their outer ends chamfered off.  If you have a lathe or a file with a lot of patience you can easily convert the  later one to look kosher.  As I don't have either in front of me I'll check tomorrow that there's not a slight difference at the final end at-or-after the right-angle bend.  If you care to send me an email on ausevenoz@gmail.com  I can forward direct a sketch of what yours should look like, with measurements.  Good Luck,  Cheers,   Bill in Oz
(07-06-2018, 01:26 AM)Bill Sheehan Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 06:36 PM)Stuart Joseph Wrote: Many thanks  for the responses, straight it is then.

Stuart
Stuart - another difference between the '29 cross shaft as opposed to say a Ruby one - the two mounting blocks are round on the vintage shafts, whereas the later ones are square with only their outer ends chamfered off.  If you have a lathe or a file with a lot of patience you can easily convert the  later one to look kosher.  As I don't have either in front of me I'll check tomorrow that there's not a slight difference at the final end at-or-after the right-angle bend.  If you care to send me an email on ausevenoz@gmail.com  I can forward direct a sketch of what yours should look like, with measurements.  Good Luck,  Cheers,   Bill in Oz

Good day Bill. Thanks for the info, I had wondered about the round vs square mountings. I have sent a separate email.

Best regards Stuart.