The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ultrasonc cleaning
Good Morning/Evening.
Someone on the old forum was going to purchase an ultrasonic cleaner. I cannot remember whom. 
I am looking for one large enough to clean A7 crankcases and the like.
Was the purchase successful and the results worth it?

Spex -in Oz
Yes, I use it almost every day.
If I may ask, how does it cope with oilways and inside of crankcases?
Would you tell me the identity?
Spex
You need to degrease everything very carefully first.

Check the internal size - I have to flip the crankcase as I could not find one big enough to completely submerge it in one go.

Go for the highest wattage you can afford.

Speak to the supplier about their advice on specific cleaner to suit your needs, each has their own formula from what I can tell.
It cleans oilways well - temperature is critical, try and get it up above 70c but do check that figure with the detergent advice.
(04-06-2018, 10:58 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: It cleans oilways well - temperature is critical, try and get it up above 70c but do check that figure with the detergent advice.

Thank you for your replies, Ruairidh.
Have found one from china that is for alloy wheel cleaning which will take a whole crankcase.  A bit pricey, so procrastinating a bit.
Peter
Can you post a link to the one you are considering please?
(05-06-2018, 08:06 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Can you post a link to the one you are considering please?

Will try to find it again today.
Peter