The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blanking screw dimensions
Hopefully an easy question, does anyone know what the thread size is for the two blankning screws that sit in the transverse gallery adjacent to the oil pump housing?  They are typically peened in tp tje crankcase but I was thinking of replacing with hex heads and safety wire on my current build.

Thoughts?
Use 1/8th BSP socket blank plugs seal with locktite.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What origin is the pick up gauze that you use please Terry?
Black Art Enthusiast
Ian they are s/steel hydraulic strainers from MF Hydraulics www.mfhonline.co.uk they have a BSP nylon connector thread normally the size in photo is 3/4" they start at 3/8"to 4". P/Nos IT102-38 for 3/8" -12 for1/2" -34 for 3/4"

Terry.
As Terrytuned says they should be 1/8BSP BUT they should also be tapered as well, ie 1/8BSPT, the increasing diameter effecting a seal. It can be a sod to get the originals out and the socket head replacements, with a dab of Loctite improve things no end.

Dave
Good to know that there are improved replacement plugs available, we opted for a slightly different approach, after removing the external blanking plugs plus the one adjacent the oil pump, we thoroughly cleaned out all the oil galleries and then fitted a suitable 1/8th BSP fitting to take the double oiler conversion as first described by Mike Forrest in the old 750 technical bulletins of yore.

While it's not perhaps answering Steve's original question, it does offer another option and together with a bored out oil pump we're getting about 6-8 lbs pressure at pace once the oil is good & hot.

The actual building of this little pipe is pretty simple, a few common sense tricks involved, but nothing complicated, the fanciest bit of equipment I used was a small propane torch. If anyone wants to know more I can start a new thread describing the process.

Aye
Greig

Sunny South Africa

Attached Files
.jpg   Double oil jet conversion.JPG (Size: 178.2 KB / Downloads: 71)