The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unidentified Part IV
Hello - anyone like to guess what this is?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Distributer rotor, but I don't know what distributer its for.
It looks like one for a CAV DS4.
Looks pretty similar go this one.

Attached Files
.jpg   4602605782.jpg (Size: 37.75 KB / Downloads: 348)
Did the CAV DS-4 dizzy cap have a fixed center(coil) electrode? Regardless, I like seeing that in this period there was no set way of designing things.

Erich in Seattle
(01-06-2018, 03:27 PM)Erich Wrote: Did the CAV DS-4 dizzy cap have a fixed center(coil) electrode? Regardless, I like seeing that in this period there was no set way of designing things.

Erich in Seattle

The manufacturer is "Commercial Ignition" a well known maker of pattern part  (30'-60's) that may be a part number on the face.
Identical to a Ducellier rotor arm fitted to a Rosengart, also fitted to a Triumph spitfire circa 1965
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
(01-06-2018, 03:27 PM)Erich Wrote: Did the CAV DS-4 dizzy cap have a fixed center(coil) electrode? Regardless, I like seeing that in this period there was no set way of designing things.

Erich in Seattle

Yes.

Tony.
I found a couple of them among the Austin Seven spares that came with the RK & AG I brought in from the USA. Made in England.