The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madeira
The centre piece of the Madeira Classic Car event last weekend..... perhaps an original import as I noted the speedometer is in kms. ?????

Nice car Mike. Was it aluminium or steel bodied? I know a few of these transitional models the earlier ones in aluminium, the later in steel. The doors on the dash pockets are a good idea. Saves things stored in there jumping out as you go along.

Steve
typical PA speedo?
(29-05-2018, 07:50 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: Nice car Mike. Was it aluminium or steel bodied? I know a few of these transitional models the earlier ones in aluminium, the later in steel. The doors on the dash pockets are a good idea. Saves things stored in there jumping out as you go along.

Steve

I am sorry Steve I did not note if it was steel or alloy........
On a stall in the market a chap was selling old postcards and photos of Madeira, there was one of a derelict A7 of the same model as this, I wondered if it was there same car. The photo was so poor quality I did not bother to buy it !
The A7CA Register has MA-16-05 recorded (chassis 139990) - misprint, or were there at least two AF tourers imported at the same time?
An interesting thread. There is a photograph in an Austin booklet of eight Seven tourers lined up on the shore of Funchal, Madeira, being used as taxis. The photo is not dated.
The registration numbers of two of them is M 942 and M 981.
I wonder whether the car illustrated above, or the photo of the wreck mentioned, is one of them? Has anyone investigated the fate of these taxis? 

Chris
The photo of the back of the car appears to show vertical seams. These, I believe, identify steel bodied short chassis cars. My steel bodied AG tourer (149497) certainly has them....formed by overlapping the rolled edges (mine repaired by forming it over a mandrel!), not by a separate beading as I had imagined..
I don't know if AF were steel or aluminium....or some of each? The AG certainly is a very strong body with virtually no wood framing except under the body top rail