The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ripley Show
Spotted at a "classic car" show in Ripley, a very tidy Jansen Carrosserie special with 850 Reliant engine. I had word with the owner from Harrogate, non member but very pleasant chap. He just enjoys driving it. Sounds good to me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(28-05-2018, 06:00 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Spotted at a "classic car" show in Ripley, a very tidy Jansen Carrosserie special with 850 Reliant engine. I had word with the owner from Harrogate, non member but very pleasant chap. He just enjoys driving it. Sounds good to me.

Also at Ripley

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ah yes, the grocery van. A very well presented example. it probably carries 1cwt. of paint
I gather that the owner expresses his disappointment if he doesn't win every concourse!
Mervyn Hoyle’s van.

He enjoys what he does.
(29-05-2018, 09:34 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Mervyn Hoyle’s van.

He enjoys what he does.

and raises money for charity, I believe.
He certainly does! He has a rather charming hand-cranked barrel organ and raises money for the Subshine Fund I think. I always stop for a listen to "Washington Post" or the like and put change in his bucket...
he's been raising money for a lot of years now

Oh yes! I remember meeting him in Harrogate a year or so back doing just that!