The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Correct competition regs for Sevens
As three wheeler Morgans compete under ACU  rather than MSA regs, should certain Ulsters, like the team Jennings car pictured at Oulton Park, be considered as 2w cars and therefore also ACU eligible?

.jpg   ulster at oulton.jpg (Size: 53.06 KB / Downloads: 295)

photo courtesy of Colin "Standard Snapper" Bromley
Ha ha! Very good point - although the lack of drive when on 2 wheels may be problematic... a gn/Frazer Nash style back axle would fix that though!

Peter
Apologies for the quality (or lack thereof! - I obviously didn't fix the original print very well!) - Tony Griffiths perfected that technique fifty years ago  Big Grin

.jpg   002.jpg (Size: 74.85 KB / Downloads: 203)
(27-05-2018, 11:19 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Apologies for the quality (or lack thereof! - I obviously didn't fix the original print very well!) - Tony Griffiths perfected that technique fifty years ago  Big Grin
Fifty years ago? At first glance I thought you'd posted a picture taken  at an event in South Wales this  Bank Holiday morning. We have  torrential rain, gloomy enough to be almost dark except when illuminated by lightning, dogs cowering under the stairs and sometimes howling at the thunder. Everone seems either to be keeping dry in the workshop or crouched over the computer keyboard. Happy days!
Have been there, done this, on more than one occasion and with a terminal result. It's not something I'd recommend!!

I witnessed the incident in the photo and understand it was repeated by the shared driver. I can only say they need to be very careful as it doesn't take much more for it to end very badly and trust me, it hurts!!

Steve
(27-05-2018, 02:01 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: Have been there, done this, on more than one occasion and with a terminal result. It's not something I'd recommend!!

I witnessed the incident in the photo and understand it was repeated by the shared driver. I can only say they need to be very careful as it doesn't take much more for it to end very badly and trust me, it hurts!!

Steve

I've been on two wheels about halfway as far as that photograph and needed to change my trousers afterwards.
Sliding is much better than tripping

C
The lateral speed for a car to overturn is surprisingly slow. However, usually, the overturning mechanism is that the car has tripped over something. This could be a kerb or a pothole or more importantly a wheel rim exposed by tyre deflection. It’s one of the reasons I’ve never raced on 3.50x19s.
Alan Fairless
It is very easily done in driving tests without the assistance of anything to trip you up; this was Bernard Harding in 1972 - he wasn't quick enough to unwind steering lock, and over he went! You can see his tyre marks on the (very) wet track:

.jpg   Silverstone Driving Tests 1972.800.jpg (Size: 53.33 KB / Downloads: 132)