The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapskate Special
Dave, where did you get your bonnet hinge please
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Good-looking special.
Hello Derek,
I made it from my late mother’s stainless steel meat dish cover. The hinge pin is 5/16” rod (from a mate at work who was clearing out his garage). Method :- make one hinge piece from cereal packet to test dimensions then make in stainless by using short length of hinge pin material and wrap pin with stainless steel ,squeezing in vice to form the hole in the hinge piece. The bonnet material at the hinge is bent over at right angles to the bonnet top and the completed hinge/rod assembly attached using small pan head screws. Preferably not pop rivets if you are fussy about anachronisms.
Cheers,
Dave.
I think this method is as Chris Gould’s as shown in “Building repro Ulsters”
(28-05-2018, 01:33 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Hello Derek,
I made it from my late mother’s stainless steel meat dish cover. The hinge pin is 5/16” rod (from a mate at work who was clearing out his garage). Method :- make one hinge piece from cereal packet to test dimensions then make in stainless by using short length of hinge pin material and wrap pin with stainless steel ,squeezing in vice to form the hole in the hinge piece. The bonnet material at the hinge is bent over at right angles to the bonnet top and the completed hinge/rod assembly attached using small pan head screws. Preferably not pop rivets if you are fussy about anachronisms.
Cheers,
Dave.
I think this method is as Chris Gould’s as shown in “Building repro Ulsters”

Thanks Dave will give that a go.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
I like it. A great looking car.

This is a classic example of why we should hold on to those little things we might use one day. If my Dad had been like his father I would not have an Austin Seven in the garage today.

( My grandfather had already thrown out my dad’s spare parts Austin 7 and Dad saved our one just in time)
Looks super Dave! I bet your father in law was cross though...
It's ok Chris. He passed away at 96 in 2012 so we didn't take them off his house until after that. He would have approved as he was a good "repurposer".(He donated his body to scientific research also)
Cheers,
Dave.
(29-05-2018, 06:47 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: It's ok  Chris. He passed away at 96 in 2012 so we didn't take them off his house until after that. He would have approved as he was a good "repurposer".(He donated his body to scientific research also)
Cheers,
Dave.

Big Grin respect...  Russell
Hi Dave, that's a really superb job, it looks exactly "period" - and perfectly set off by the "Wortley Special" lettering on the radiator. A nice Sheffield registration number as well - original to the chassis, I believe....
Close up of the screen frame? I just love all the little bits of reuse / repurpose. Dash light looks a treat.