The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1933 RP Saloon NJ 802 - Nellie
I have just become the proud keeper of a 1933 RP Saloon, registered NJ 802 called Nellie. I can only trace ownership back to 2009 when it was owned by a Mr Jupp who lived in Fleet Hargate near Holbeach in Lincolnshire. I also have a bill dated Jan 2005 from Holden addressed to a Mr Hamish Stewart of Wellingborough in Northants. There is a story that came with the car that Nellie was the wife of a previous owner called Mr Jones and the registration is NJ, hence Nellie Jones, but this could be a myth. I have MOT Certificates dating back to 1992 issued by a garage in Gamlingay near Sandy in Bedfordshire and one for 1993 issued by Shannon Motors in Potton, Bedfordshire. Shannon Motors still exists and I shall contact them after the bank holiday weekend. Is there anybody out there who can help with the previous history of this car. It has obviously been restored at some time in the past and since 1992 has covered 2150 miles, so not heavily used!! Any information, particularly photos will be very gratefully received.
Well it doesn't appear to have ever been on the A7CA Chassis Register.  As you're probably already aware, the car was first registered in East Sussex in 1933. Apparently some original NJ Registration Records from 1933 onwards exist and are held by the East Sussex Record Office - link below. 

http://www.thekeep.info/esro/ 

I see the DVLA database is showing your car as Untaxed (in a red box) with the status: 'Not taxed keeper change' - obviously you need to tax or SORN it otherwise you'll have the DVLA on your back !