The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6V Rist Horn
Here is my Rist horn, with new name plate ready to be fitted. The diaphragm splits, but new ones are obtainable, see link:

https://www.austinseven.club/austin_7_se...hragm.html

[attachment=2803][attachment=2802][attachment=2800][attachment=2800][attachment=2800][attachment=2801][attachment=2801]
Chris KC,

All Rist horns were coated gloss black originally. As with others posting, of the three I currently have two are not badged with no suggestion of rivet holes, the third is badged. I have no way of knowing what ages these are and whether the unbadged are earlier than the post ones. Additionally all are painted black throughout.
All as stamped on the rear with " British Make, 6 Volt. "
As for the sound emitted, they are all different but one of them really scares the bejesus out of pedestrians!

Chris
Showing its age.

Geoff - Compressor plumbing to SandBlasting Cabinet tidied up.
Thanks to all who have contributed. I'm not sure we'll ever know all the reasons for everything but it's enough to cure me of the temptation to drill holes and fit a badge! And gloss black it shall be - once I've coaxed the worst of the dents out.