The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pennine run
(25-05-2018, 11:26 AM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: Thank you for the kind words and the photos.    Sorry, JonB, I didn't get your request as I was on my way to the start.  Once I leave home I am not wired in to the Internet!

As Steve says, we had a super four days, obviously helped by the wall to wall sunshine, except for a few minutes above Hawes when we were in the clouds!

My SWB saloon with Ricardo head and SU carb covered 414 miles at 44.6mpg, an amazing figure given the severity of the route.

It was with some reluctance that we left the Netherwood Hotel in Grange over Sands yesterday morning, we all wanted to stay for a few more days.

30 cars took part, all pre-1939 apart from a 1965 MGB and a 1967? Singer Chamois.   The GE Cup suffered a rear axle failure going up Kirkstone Pass, and there was a problem with the dynamo in an RP saloon and the bacon slicer starter on an RK saloon which was fixed.

Running the event mid-week appears to have paid off, the roads were commendably free of weekend bikers and cyclists, the second day from Ilkley to Grange was over some very quiet roads.

Altogether four days of super motoring, eating and drinking and good company!
No problem Malcolm. My fault for leaving the request so late! We did catch some of the cars near Scammonden just after the M62 bridge and also at thee top of the Moors before the drop down to Oxenhope. Will try and post some photos if I can get my head round how to do it.
What a great event
Stuart Kent