The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nearly back on the road
Thanks for the links. I am in Australia. I think it will be worth investing in the Dynamator. By the time I fuss around with finding an armature and then getting a rebuild I will have spent almost as much money.

In the meantime I will take the car out on some daylight drives.
Help...

I got it back together and it happily starts using “start ya bastard”. (Easy start) within a couple of seconds of starter motor.

I have taken the fuel bowl off and checked all jets are clear.

The manual pump lever sends fuel through the float valve. If the manual pump works I assume that the pump is working off the Cam as well. Any ideas welcome.
It turned out that a little fresh fuel in the float bowl got it going. (Thanks to replies on my help post)

My youngest daughter helped me  change the oil and pump up the tyres.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Keep her interest going, I learned to drive on a '30 Special when I was 9...

40 years later Dad and I are still having fun with 7's

Cheers
Greig
Today we took the car on our longest drive ever.  80 miles.  

Both daughters came with me wrapped in blankets but still keen to come on the adventure.  We had the hood up for most of the journey but took it down for the last 30 minutes so we could catch some sunshine.

I will definitely keep inviting the girls to help with maintenance and will start letting them drive up and down our long driveway.

The new rings have done the job and the little car no longer blows smoke and even has what could be termed as more “power”.  It can maintain reasonable momentum up hills now.

I can now start a new thread called On the road again...

Driving down Anzac parade towards Parliament House Canberra.
And in the car park

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is lovely to see your daughters taking such an active interest and enjoying the car, long may it continue. My own daughter (13) enjoyed our special very much when she was younger but in the last year or so has become more concerned about messing up her hair - or being embarrassed if she is spotted by school friends! Hopefully it will pass.

Peter.
I have had the eldest hide her face when I picked her up from school in a bright yellow Fiat 500 Bambino. It did get a few looks. I have repainted it a more sedate off white so that should be better.
The reaction of the young to older cars is interesting. I drive a once dead common 1960s Brit car. Little children esp seem to notice and can be seen drawing adults to look. Aging dead beats are tedious as all seem to have owned one decades ago. Persons tooting in traffic also very distracting. 
Ten years ago I used to avoid dropping off my teenage son at secondary school. But when I did the car was seen as “cool” Even more so when he drove. Far preferable to the wifes Jap car. I suspect an open 2 seater would be very acceptable. As with early Brit sports cars, the public have no appreciation of the lack of real power.

The precious cargo warrants especially close attention to steering arms etc.

In 1938 I wonder if there were any roads in Oz as smooth and straight as you now using. The car is not exactly in its element!

I occasionally drive an early 1950s Brit car. Especially attracts attention iwhere tourists congregate and surprisngly not just Poms comment..