The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with a 1930's trailer
Hello
I wonder if you could help me?
I have almost finished restoring a 1930’s Gibson Eccles trailer , I was struggling to find who supplied the wheels as my spare has seen better days, after chatting to a few people at shows it looks like its a 19” Austin 7 wheel.
Would anyone be able to confirm this?
I also have no idea how the spare would have been mounted on the trailer but assume it would be similar to a car mount?

I then would need a spare wheel!
(08-05-2018, 05:26 PM)winchman Wrote: Hello
I wonder if you could help me?
I have almost finished restoring a 1930’s Gibson Eccles trailer , I was struggling to find who supplied the wheels as my spare has seen better days, after chatting to a few people at shows it looks like its a 19” Austin 7 wheel.
Would anyone be able to confirm this?
I also have no idea how the spare would have been mounted on the trailer but assume it would be similar to a car mount?

I then would need a spare wheel!

Hi, photo of what you want would be helpful
[/quote]

[/quote]
I will try and post one later today, just need to find out how to host it
Gibson Eccles trailers look like this:

.jpeg   02EE3886-AB1D-4289-8FBF-409CF4A4353B.jpeg (Size: 90.63 KB / Downloads: 342)
That doesn't look like an Austin Seven wheel to me; it could be Morris Minor, but I suspect it is probably trailer-specific.
[/quote]
I will try and post one later today, just need to find out how to host it
[/quote]
Easier than I thought, the trailer came with a more recent body I am putting it back to normal
[Image: IMG_20171207_152729825.jpg]
[Image: s_l1600.jpg]

Current progress
[Image: IMG_20180429_183945825.jpg]
I have the correct mudguards but bracket design is taking some time!
I think Mike is right, look like Morris Minor wheels
(08-05-2018, 05:32 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Gibson Eccles trailers look like this:
Thats the only other one I have ever seen, I have had total a slightly different design with mine as it has to earn its keep so I have made it deeper. And for safety it has proper Antiluce fixings on the tail gate and more modern lights as I couldn't find any of the correct lights, but I knew it would be a compromise as its a trailer so I cant afford to spend too much on it.
Looking for the correct T plate now
I cant find much else about them?
[Image: Im340504_Cy_Car_Brockhouse.jpg]

[Image: ecclestrailer.jpg]
The original trailer plate

(08-05-2018, 05:50 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote: I think Mike is right, look like Morris Minor wheels
Thanks Morris Minor brings images of steel wheeled 60's car?
Have to google some more
(08-05-2018, 05:53 PM)winchman Wrote:
(08-05-2018, 05:32 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Gibson Eccles trailers look like this:
Thats the only other one I have ever seen, I have had total a slightly different design with mine as it has to earn its keep so I have made it deeper. And for safety it has proper Antiluce fixings on the tail gate and more modern lights as I couldn't find any of the correct lights, but I knew it would be a compromise as its a trailer so I cant afford to spend too much on it.
Looking for the correct T plate now
I cant find much else about them?
[Image: Im340504_Cy_Car_Brockhouse.jpg]

[Image: ecclestrailer.jpg]
The original trailer plate

(08-05-2018, 05:50 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote: I think Mike is right, look like Morris Minor wheels
Thanks Morris Minor brings images of steel wheeled 60's car?
Have to google some  more

1930s Minor
Here's a Morris Minor wheel - I think these were fitted to all ohc Minors, and side-valve cars up to 1933:

.jpg   morris_minor_1928_pictures_1.jpg (Size: 243.67 KB / Downloads: 308)