The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ulster picture source
(01-05-2018, 05:09 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Fascinating! As an ex North-West Morris clog dancer I was most taken by the Jennifer Cutting video. Thanks for posting those links.
I happened to mention my dark past in the pub the other week as there was a long discussion of Historic Ripon (with photos which included a rear view of me in performance), folk were incredulous and asked "Why?" I had to say that at least it was better than playing football!

Made me laugh!! Glad you enjoyed it Duncan.
My name is Ruairidh and I too used to be a Morris Dancer.
(01-05-2018, 06:32 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: My name is Ruairidh and I too used to be a Morris Dancer.

The first step is admitting it...
It was a lot of fun...
Go on, it wasn’t the dancing it was the beer that went with it.
Alan Fairless
Yes.
Basis for a caption competition.

“That is the 15th pot. Someone  have a look at the tail pipe.”

“I reckon it has used a pint per 10 mph achieved”

Perhaps an anti corrosive additive is being used and it is the first any have seen.
“Where exactly did you get this amber fluid from?”

Some cars warrant supervision. I have heard of garage attendants pouring water down the carb intakes of Javelins.

As for the headlamps, from a delve, Cd for a hemisphere is .42 and 1.17, latter surprising same as a flat plate

The shoes here were commonly called sandshoes. Thr plus fours discourage the gearlever or handbrake going up trouser leg.
(30-04-2018, 10:09 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: Here is an un-cropped version, they are of Lawrence Clayton who was president of Brighton and Hove motor club and were discovered by Jim Wilkes in his Aunts loft, I will endeavour to see if Joss remembers which issue of the magazine these pages came from. I can also have a go at taking a better photo if Mike or anyone else  wants to have another try at photoshopping. 
Is that perhaps the self-same Ulster putting up an impressive smoke screen at lower right?
If so probably supercharged,2% oil in the fuel plus extra supplied by the valve attached via the throttle links.
(05-05-2018, 08:33 AM)Chris KC Wrote:
(30-04-2018, 10:09 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: Here is an un-cropped version, they are of Lawrence Clayton who was president of Brighton and Hove motor club and were discovered by Jim Wilkes in his Aunts loft, I will endeavour to see if Joss remembers which issue of the magazine these pages came from. I can also have a go at taking a better photo if Mike or anyone else  wants to have another try at photoshopping. 
Is that perhaps the self-same Ulster putting up an impressive smoke screen at lower right?

The car in Ian's picture has an air pump on the dash so may well be s/c but the car with the smokescreen looks as if it has a long scuttle and short bonnet to me.
Indeed, at a second glance it could be a Chummy - straight top to the body side. Maybe Jon E's elusive photo of Mr Flea?.
Regards,
Stuart