The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ulster picture source
I recently got shown this fabulous picture that appeared in Classic and Sportscar many years ago, afraid I dont know what issue. Would anyone know where a copy of this photograph can be obtained.

Black Art Enthusiast
Ian, I'm sorry I can't help with the source, but I would love a large print of this. Someone sent it to me recently, I think as an example of the front wing rear fixing. What impressed me was the stylish gent in the plus fours, argyle socks, white shoes(dirty) and cricket blazer. Likely the driver, and the shoes don't appear to be what we in the US(a generation or so ago) call "white bucks". They may be espadrilles(rope soled canvas shoes) given the smudging.

It is making me think about shortening my wings and maybe going so far as putting a full windscreen on my car.

The other thing about this photo, is the lack of some care in painting the number. The man in the background with the girl adds to the drama of the fellow adding water.

Erich in Seattle
Yep, likely cold water into a hot radiator as well !
(30-04-2018, 04:49 AM)Erich Wrote: Ian, I'm sorry I can't help with the source, but I would love a large print of this. Someone sent it to me recently, I think as an example of the front wing rear fixing. What impressed me was the stylish gent in the plus fours, argyle socks, white shoes(dirty) and cricket blazer. Likely the driver, and the shoes don't appear to be what we in the US(a generation or so ago) call "white bucks". They may be espadrilles(rope soled canvas shoes) given the smudging.

It is making me think about shortening my wings and maybe going so far as putting a full windscreen on my car.

The other thing about this photo, is the lack of some care in painting the number. The man in the background with the girl adds to the drama of the fellow adding water.

Erich in Seattle

Probably "tennis shoes" or "plimsolls". I love the "go faster" reversed headlamp. The water pourer may be the riding mechanic (reversed flat cap & goggles). The gent in the striped jacket has no such affectation for his cap!
Super picture indeed!
Nice to see a real, road going, Ulster taken to the races!

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Bran-new watering can too, going by the glare off the galvi...
There must be someone out there who could photoshop the crease out of it and make a poster?
it looks like the three sections of tourer wings have been taken off shortly before, and the rears rather hastily bolted on without centring. Or would these minimal; things have been permanent?
Is there no picture credit in the mag?
Failing that surely next step would be to contact C&SC and ask if they have it on record...
Here's a quick attempt - I don't have the skills to do a better job!

Attached Files
.jpg   DSC06425.JPG (Size: 196.87 KB / Downloads: 568)