The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three bearing engine - centre bearing
Reminds me of this article:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/speedex/index...ge2152.htm
My advice would be, ditch th three bearing crank,  buy a Phoenix crank and get the crankcase converted to two bearing.
Then again some people have run three bearing for thousands and thousands of miles
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
(01-05-2018, 07:51 AM)Stephen Barker Wrote: Have put some shims between the centre main clamp bolts and torqued the bearing to 50lbs and the crankshaft rotates reasonably free now, will put the block on and see what difference that makes.
Stephen, putting shims between the centre bearing caps is not a solution. You need to read the article written by the late Jem Marsh of Speedex fame, for the explanation of the cause and remedy for centre main distortion of three bearing crankcases. If you cannot find the Jem Marsh explanation, send me an email jonniejumble@googlemail.com, and I will send you an article I produced for SWA7C, based on Jem's original work. John