The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leak in fuel tank
I take it none of you boys fancy cutting off the top of a propane tank with an angle grinder to make a stove?

It is very easy done. You belt off the valve with a brass hammer. When it has stopped hissing yoy fill it to the top with water. Then start cutting. You do get a smidge wet. But no explosions
I think you’ll find petrol is a bit more explosive than propane.
Alan Fairless
Explosion? I'm more worried about water and electricity, or does Hedd have a steam driven grinder?

On that note I read a really well written article in an old machinist magazine about a chap who went to grind some steel on his bench grinder. His son had ground off some aluminum rivits previously. The result was an incredibly hot flash as the resulting thermite ignited, leaving him missing half his well groomed facial hair...
I'm sure some of us have similar stories. In my case, I was heating a hub on a motorcycle to slip a cold bearing in. I was using kerosene as a lubricant. When turned away to grab the bearing out of the freezer and turned back with the torch, the fumes ignited. And yes, the mustache was gone in a flash. 

Erich in Seattle
I have discovered from the last owner that when he built the car, some of the spot welds on the baffles leaked, so he put a sealant called "Slosh" in. Is there any way to get this out to do a proper repair or am I due for a new tank?

Erich in Seattle