The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highland delivery
I had an installation to do in Kingussie last week. As it was a fairly relaxed timescale I took the Ruby; a round trip of 95 miles getting back home just after lunch.

Tools and components just fitted on the back seat:

Aviemore was misty but I could just see the remnants of the snow on Cairngorm:

I took the b-road through Feshiebridge, lined with leaf-less silver birch trees:

And passed the ruins of Ruthven Barracks:

On the return journey I stopped in Carrbridge to see the torrents of melt-water under the pack-horse bridge ...

... and met these German tourists. They were more interested in the Ruby than the scenery - which was fine by me!

Final stop was at the peculiarly robust Findhorn Bridge, built in 1926.

I could have taken the modern and got back earlier but that would have been no where near as much fun!

Peter.
What a delightful post! Superb pictures of a beautiful car in stunning scenery, that’s made my day!
(24-04-2018, 01:55 PM)Peter Naulls Wrote: I had an installation to do in Kingussie last week. As it was a fairly relaxed timescale I took the Ruby; a round trip of 95 miles getting back home just after lunch.

Tools and componeExquisite nts just fitted on the back seat:

I took the b-road through Feshiebridge, lined with leaf-less silver birch trees:

On the return journey I stopped in Carrbridge to see the torrents of melt-water under the pack-horse bridge ...

... and met these German tourists. They were more interested in the Ruby than the scenery - which was fine by me!

I could have taken the modern and got back earlier but that would have been no where near as much fun!

Peter.

(24-04-2018, 01:55 PM)Peter Naulls Wrote: I had an installation to do in Kingussie last week. As it was a fairly relaxed timescale I took the Ruby; a round trip of 95 miles getting back home just after lunch.

Tools and components just fitted on the back seat:

Peter.
Exquisite.
Utterly delightful.
Nice pictures and super countryside. I guess we are all wondering what you were installing - looked interesting.
BobH
Splendid pictures Peter and show the Ruby very well! Thank you for sharing.

Bryan.
Loving it. I would like a job like yours!
I was installing a model showing the various processes of whisky distilling. Unfortunately deliveries are only a very small part of the job and most projects won't fit in the Ruby!

Peter.

.jpg   Distillery6crop.JPG (Size: 132.68 KB / Downloads: 512)
There is so much to like in this post Peter (especially for me!), just great!
Lovely pictures Peter! Can't wait to get back on the road myself...
I have just returned from 13 hours in 2 days of city driving in the Ruby, and realize that its no fun. Not helped by a nasty rear end collision from an inattentive driver, trailer demolished, ruby not so bad, self OK.
I was struck (pun), by the deserted roads in Peter's delightful pictures. It  reminds me of all the old film clips that Austins produced in a quieter time.
The issue of overpopulation has been a lifelong passion, the frog is now boiled.  regards  Russell

[img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/ruby%20with%20trailer[/img]