The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opal B post security cap
I am not quite sure what the name is, but I am missing the passenger side one. Has anyone got one which is surplus?

Harrydog was quite scandalised when the door flew open yesterday! Harness and lead stopped him bundling too far out the door....

Thanks

Roly

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1931 RN, 1933 APD
Roly - are you a member of the Bristol Austin Seven Club?
(21-04-2018, 08:35 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Roly - are you a member of the Bristol Austin Seven Club?

Yes I am. 
Trouble is, it’s a long way to go to the spares day to find they haven’t got one!
Roly
1931 RN, 1933 APD
I have seen one in the shed. Let me get that checked for you.
(22-04-2018, 07:05 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I have seen one in the shed.  Let me get that checked for you.

Thank you!
1931 RN, 1933 APD
They look very similar to the ones fitted to chummy bodies if you don't find the correct one.
There are at least two types of hood mountings for Opals:

They are unique to the two seaters, so far as I am aware.
The ones I saw in the Shed were like the lower type.
You can buy new ones from Austin 7 Reproductions. Speak to Willie McKenzie. tel:01202 625242
Am I missing something here? Is this little piece of plated brass meant to align the door nicely when it shuts or does it really support the rear of the body when it flexes? I have the battered remains of these things on my ORT and they don't align, but my doors don't open when I'm driving (although when I first had it MOTd the examiner placed his jacking beam at the rear cross member and she opened up like a tulip in bright sunlight!)...

Is the problem more structural, or is this normal?