The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin 7 Special Ulster Another Scam?
On eBay item 123068268036

Looks another scam Selling on behalf of a customer
Yes, the same scammer who has been the subject of numerous discussions on several A7 forums over the last few weeks. I've reported it to eBay as fraudulent and would encourage others to do so on sight. The listing should be gone within an hour.

I do feel sorry for the poor souls whose legitimate accounts have been hacked by this scammer.
(09-04-2018, 07:46 PM)Ian M Wrote: Yes, the same scammer who has been the subject of numerous discussions on several A7 forums over the last few weeks. I've reported it to eBay as fraudulent and would encourage others to do so on sight. The listing should be gone within an hour.

I do feel sorry for the poor souls whose legitimate accounts have been hacked by this scammer.

Wouldn't you think that one of those clever computer persons could come up with a way to stop scammers from stealing genuine adverts !

Cheers, Tony (computer dummy)
Yes, I see the SWB Austin Special is back on,starting price 99p !
What I don't get is how it's possible to lift the listing details but not the listing itself,surely they're one and the same ?
What's the point of such a lame endeavour, too much time too little brain I guess.
(12-04-2018, 07:41 AM)Albert S Wrote: Yes, I see the SWB Austin Special is back on,starting price 99p !
What I don't get is how it's possible to lift the listing details but not the listing itself,surely they're one and the same ?
What's the point of such a lame endeavour, too much time too little brain I guess.

He's getting craftier, as now he's changing the item number so when you report the listing eBay sometimes does not recognize the number, also he's listing multiplies of the same item. 

What amazes me is how to can take over other genuine ebay accounts with ease and why the listings are obviously fraudulent with the starting price at 99p? Surely ebay should be able to block the loophole that allows this to happen.

The only plus side is it makes you more aware and careful when you are looking at this sort of website.
I'm starting to find ebay 'classic cars' isn't interesting reading anymore, due to the number of fradulent 99p starts at any one time.

I tend to look through that search just like one would do the crossword, but am starting not to bother in favour of browsing carandclassic or prewarcar.

(Perhaps the only reason for continuing is to see the next one of the those crazy unfinished, ill conceived ulsteroid cars which we all wonder how could possibly sell.. but do)
(12-04-2018, 08:00 AM)DaveT Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 07:41 AM)Albert S Wrote: Yes, I see the SWB Austin Special is back on,starting price 99p !

He's getting craftier, as now he's changing the item number so when you report the listing eBay sometimes does not recognize the number, also he's listing multiplies of the same item. 

What amazes me is how to can take over other genuine ebay accounts with ease and why the listings are obviously fraudulent with the starting price at 99p? Surely ebay should be able to block the loophole that allows this to happen.

The only plus side is it makes you more aware and careful when you are looking at this sort of website.

Yes, amazing isn't it how things appear to work in one direction... on the odd occasion I've included any contact information in a listing or message I receive the full weight of the Ebay Fashisti threatening suspension or termination of my account ... walls have ears Dodgy