The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
stretch Chummy?
http://richardedmondsauctions.com/catalo.../?lot=1966
what's going on there, then? Was thinking it looked like it's on a long wheel base chassis, but then the engine seems in the right place despite the lights being 6" forward. But it seems to have a 6" compartment behind the rear seat?
Certainly something very strange going on!

The back end of the body has definitely been extended and the scuttle looks too long.

No chassis number and a "BF" age related registration, plus an export fan?????
There's another "stretch" here - www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C977863

Anyone have knowledge of this one?
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
I recall an article on the pick up somewhere. Perhaps the Automobile?.

horrid isnt it?
Must admit hedd from the first two pictures I quite liked it.

Good to see the rounded back on the cab.

Then I saw the horrid engine and dash in the other pics.

Now I'm looking at agreeing with you Huh

It's not for me.
Another question about the "Chummy" what are the additional domed brass nuts on the cylinder head. Maybe everyone but me has seen them previously but I'm puzzled.
The Chummy has the look of a Holden (Australian) body?
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
(06-04-2018, 09:21 PM)Steve kay Wrote: Another question about the "Chummy" what are the additional domed brass nuts on the cylinder head. Maybe everyone but me has seen them previously but I'm puzzled.

These are the covers  for the original priming  plugs from 1923 mentioned earlier. My 1929 Saloon has the original light shaft engine and the cylinder head still has the plugs -  I would think from old stock- 'waste not want not' was a Longbridge motto!

Are the head nuts the long block nuts from the valve chest ?

Cheers, Tony.

(06-04-2018, 10:13 PM)MartinH Wrote: The Chummy has the look of a Holden (Australian) body?

Not sure it is a Holden body- two piece screen, door handles, no swage line and the four blade fan is easily fitted.

The engine looks alright although fitted with a 'Bosch' distributor and the dashboard has a notched bottom line - from the later two seater ?

From our experience we often don't have a chassis number either on the chassis or paperwork and if around the late20's are very pleased to have access to the records at Gaydon. 

Cheers, Tony.
Think another stretched Chummy was for sale over here in NZ a year or two ago. I think at the time it was said to have been done locally and was used as a taxi?
Bryan
(06-04-2018, 07:13 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: Must admit hedd from the first two pictures I quite liked it.

Good to see the rounded back on the cab.

Then I saw the horrid engine and dash in the other pics.

Now I'm looking at agreeing with you Huh

It's not for me.
Hi Tony, glad it’s not only me that has a dislike of Reliant engines in Sevens