The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a Nippy project needs a caring new owner
(08-04-2018, 01:38 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: For your future records, I'm not a scouser, Im from Norfolk. Read the news. WE DONT ARGUE, we get even. Big Grin

I must remember not to upset you Smile !! Not that I set out to annoy anyone on this or other forums.
There was no intention on my part to offend anyone. The tone of exchanges was getting out of hand and my post was intended as a light hearted means of encouraging people to tone it down.

However i will say this,Tony. I'm sorry that I've wasted your time by buying your stuff and parting with my money. I wont bother you again. Whatever it is I might need, I will source it elsewhere. You're done.
This discussion has so it appears, become remarkably childish!

What is is with fully grown blokes, miles apart, slanging each other, or just slanging ideas and potential ideas?

I don't think that it ought to matter to any of us whatsoever, what anyone does with property that does not belong to any of us?

For people to get cross wired on what appears to be a very simple exchange of views is absurd.

RR's post was clearly a joke, hence the picture containing a little message....it wasn't difficult to comprehend.

So, come on chaps, what about a virtual shaking of hands and moving on?!

Arthur

(06-04-2018, 09:55 PM)JonE Wrote: Big Grin

OK, a joke.....but why?

Surely it is best to leave it alone....the daft idea contained in the post.....is it funny, I'm not sure, but it seems to underline the views of a small coterie on here who like to persist in pursuance of a tightly knit agenda that is not befitting a FRIENDS FORUM!

Arthur
Arthur - I find myself visualising Margo in Tom's living room in 'The Good Life'. You can't ask why about jokes. And it would be quite a boring place if some weren't a bit more edgy, surely? But can any really be edgy on here with this sort of subject matter - none of this activity is life threatening or illegal! I assessed the tone of the thread and I thought that on balance, it would contribute something.

But I wouldn't have posted that without the smiley, so why do you bring up mine and pat Reckless's head and explain his actions away? I'm hurt.

Your 'I don't think that it ought to matter to any of us whatsoever, what anyone does with property that does not belong to any of us?' I really don't agree with at all, sorry. That's why we lose local distinctiveness, historic houses and their palimpsest of visible history and so on. We are all merely guardians of things which potentially have a life of over our span of 70-100, surely? Yes, its a free country, but I can feel sad if things are lost as they can't be replaced. There is no right and no wrong, but we all have our own myths which we live by; which make us individuals.

And I think true friends can express their feelings without engaging in those platitudes which gradually make your cheek muscles ache, surely? Friends can be friends without having the same sense of humour or an identical range of views or values. Look at Tom and Margo.

So perhaps I should reduce the T-shirt run down a bit??

[that was a joke]

p.s. I'd - in fact - quite LIKE an Ulster Replica. Except that they are increasingly conventional, from looking through the stats on the Survivor's Register?
(08-04-2018, 07:40 PM)JonE Wrote: Arthur - I find myself visualising Margo in Tom's living room in 'The Good Life'. You can't ask why about jokes. And it would be quite a boring place if some weren't a bit more edgy, surely? But can any really be edgy on here with this sort of subject matter - none of this activity is life threatening or illegal! I assessed the tone of the thread and I thought that on balance, it would contribute something.

But I wouldn't have posted that without the smiley, so why do you bring up mine and pat Reckless's head and explain his actions away? I'm hurt.

Your 'I don't think that it ought to matter to any of us whatsoever, what anyone does with property that does not belong to any of us?' I really don't agree with at all, sorry. That's why we lose local distinctiveness, historic houses and their palimpsest of visible history and so on.  We are all merely guardians of things which potentially have a life of over our span of 70-100, surely? Yes, its a free country, but I can feel sad if things are lost as they can't be replaced. There is no right and no wrong, but we all have our own myths which we live by; which make us individuals.

And I think true friends can express their feelings without engaging in those platitudes which gradually make your cheek muscles ache, surely? Friends can be friends without having the same sense of humour or an identical range of views or values. Look at Tom and Margo.

[that was a joke]

p.s. I'd - in fact - quite LIKE an Ulster Replica. Except that they are increasingly conventional, from looking through the stats on the Survivor's Register?

Actually, my response was a joke too....I wondered who might rise to it?! I'd quite like a Nippy....why not let's have a grp Nippy, I did suggest that to Chris Gould!!

(08-04-2018, 07:55 PM)merlinart Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 07:40 PM)JonE Wrote: Arthur - I find myself visualising Margo in Tom's living room in 'The Good Life'. You can't ask why about jokes. And it would be quite a boring place if some weren't a bit more edgy, surely? But can any really be edgy on here with this sort of subject matter - none of this activity is life threatening or illegal! I assessed the tone of the thread and I thought that on balance, it would contribute something.

Your 'I don't think that it ought to matter to any of us whatsoever, what anyone does with property that does not belong to any of us?' I really don't agree with at all, sorry. That's why we lose local distinctiveness, historic houses and their palimpsest of visible history and so on.  We are all merely guardians of things which potentially have a life of over our span of 70-100, surely? Yes, its a free country, but I can feel sad if things are lost as they can't be replaced. There is no right and no wrong, but we all have our own myths which we live by; which make us individuals.

[that was a joke]

Actually, my response was a joke too....I wondered who might rise to it?! I'd quite like a Nippy....why not let's have a grp Nippy, I did suggest that to Chris Gould!!

Forgot to add...I can't be arsed to use smilies/emoticons, I've not been a teenager for some 44 years!
Hi arthur,

No slanging, no scoucers.

My bringing this up with IAN is neither. It is in respect for ian I bring it up at all. And try to point out he has my intension wrong.

I've seen the scoucers put up on the forum before. In hope to escalate things.

To some it's funny to see a real argument.

If it's a joke, it's a poor one. And not expected from people I've tried to help.

Like yourself arthur, My help outways what I've charged.

My possition is the same, I'd love to see all cars rescued in there original form. But I am also a realist and know this won't happen. So there are some cars that lend themselves to specials and Ulsters.

I agree with jonE, if all we had for each other was platitudes. Our checks would hert.

Tony.
(08-04-2018, 07:55 PM)merlinart Wrote:  I'd quite like a Nippy....why not let's have a grp Nippy, I did suggest that to Chris Gould!!

I guess if you aren't feeling up to taking on one that desperately needs restoring, yearn for the quiet life of not having to maintain the damn thing so it doesn't split apart on you, or hate the idea of an adrenalin rush when a door opens whilst cornering - then yes, why not just settle for a glassfibre one?

Apparently they don't rust!
Tony I have tried to ring you so we can discuss this but so far no response, I will keep trying, it is I believe a simple misunderstanding between us. The point I disagree with is simply that restorations are not, and should not be financial ventures, some people don't want an up and running car ready to drive they take pleasure from the project. I also agree that some restorations are poorly conceived, people do at times take on projects beyond their abilities the results of some could even be described as vandalism.
Tony I have never accused you of breaking cars and do not understand why you would think I have been increasingly hostile toward you. If I worded anything poorly I apologise, I will continue to try calling, but in the mean time come here and have a hug!
Black Art Enthusiast
(08-04-2018, 09:18 PM)JonE Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 07:55 PM)merlinart Wrote:  I'd quite like a Nippy....why not let's have a grp Nippy, I did suggest that to Chris Gould!!

I guess if you aren't feeling up to taking on one that desperately needs restoring, yearn for the quiet life of not having to maintain the damn thing so it doesn't split apart on you, or hate the idea of an adrenalin rush when a door opens whilst cornering - then yes, why not just settle for a glassfibre one?

Indeed!

Arthur
(08-04-2018, 09:18 PM)JonE Wrote:

Talking of Chris Gould, I actually stood underneath his Nippy in his pit, and had a good look around it, he's making a splendid job of it. I have to admit a secret hankering for a Nippy as I like the rounded rear end.

I would still like a grp version though....but I'd be shot down in flames with 30mm canon, but I've always admired CG's grp creations.

I've just been looking at your nippy site, splendid stuff. I found those drawings on the web and they'll blow up to A3+ quite easily. 

CG's workshop is a revelation.

Arthur