The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby interior
I am slowly trying to improve the interior of my scruffy 37 Ruby. I now have a nicely used leather rear seat.
Can anyone point me in the direction of clear photos of the original interior details - I've looked in "Original A7" and at photos on ebay adverts, but can't see what I need.
I'm after the details of the trim around the Pytchley sun roof,  rear window, side windows, junctions between headlining and vertical linings etc. Which bits were material and which leathercloth ?
Any pictures or thoughts appreciated, thankyou.

Regards   Peter Smith
(04-04-2018, 09:47 PM)73pgsmith@gmail.com Wrote: I am slowly trying to improve the interior of my scruffy 37 Ruby. I now have a nicely used leather rear seat.
Can anyone point me in the direction of clear photos of the original interior details - I've looked in "Original A7" and at photos on ebay adverts, but can't see what I need.
I'm after the details of the trim around the Pytchley sun roof,  rear window, side windows, junctions between headlining and vertical linings etc. Which bits were material and which leathercloth ?

Regards   Peter Smith

I have restored a Ruby  and have photos before and after . I also have paper patterns for the whole of the interior. Please get in touch if you want more details .
Hi Peter,

The photos below may help - they have been gleaned from the internet at various times apart from the b & w one which is my car. If you are still missing anything after speaking to JoJo let me know and I can photograph /measure our own car (now restored) to make things clearer. Can't help you with the sunroof as ours doesn't have one!

The door cladding is leathercloth all the way around the top, as are the B-pillar cappings and screen pillar cappings. B-pillar cappings are square at the top. The screen pillar cappings end in a hockey-stick shape, tucked behind the ends of the panel above the screen. The rear edge of each capping (at the top) is vertical and butts against the end of the thin ply banding around the edge of the roof lining. The upper rear quarter panel is headlining and this continues above the rear side window frames. The rear window has a ply panel around it; you can see this in the first photo though the screw positions are wrong. It should also be covered in headlining. The string for the rear blind should end above the middle of the driver's door (just visible in the black & white pic). Dash and window frames all woodgrain-printed. Glove box lining is normally brown woven cloth similar in colour to the dashboard - though I have heard that some may have been headlining. Door bottoms are carpet as is the vertical panel below the rear seat and bottom of the wheelarches. The lower rear quarter panel is leathercloth right down to the floor.

I hope that's all clear!

Peter.

(05-04-2018, 06:13 PM)A7JoJo Wrote:
(04-04-2018, 09:47 PM)73pgsmith@gmail.com Wrote: I am slowly trying to improve the interior of my scruffy 37 Ruby. I now have a nicely used leather rear seat.

Regards   Peter Smith

I have restored a Ruby  and have photos before and after . I also have paper patterns for the whole of the interior. Please get in touch if you want more details .

Hello JoJo

Thanks for the reply - I did send you an email [ I think ] Not sure if you have received it.
I am very interested to see any photos of interiors, both before and after renovation. My email is  73pgsmith@gmail.com
Thanks in anticipation.
Regards
Peter

(06-04-2018, 09:49 PM)Peter Naulls Wrote: Hi Peter,

The photos below may help - they have been gleaned from the internet at various times apart from the b & w one which is my car. If you are still missing anything after speaking to JoJo let me know and I can photograph /measure our own car (now restored) to make things clearer. Can't help you with the sunroof as ours doesn't have one!

The door cladding is leathercloth all the way around the top, as are the B-pillar cappings and screen pillar cappings. B-pillar cappings are square at the top. The screen pillar cappings end in a hockey-stick shape, tucked behind the ends of the panel above the screen. The rear edge of each capping (at the top) is vertical and butts against the end of the thin ply banding around the edge of the roof lining. The upper rear quarter panel is headlining and this continues above the rear side window frames. The rear window has a ply panel around it; you can see this in the first photo though the screw positions are wrong. It should also be covered in headlining. The string for the rear blind should end above the middle of the driver's door (just visible in the black & white pic). Dash and window frames all woodgrain-printed. Glove box lining is normally brown woven cloth similar in colour to the dashboard - though I have heard that some may have been headlining. Door bottoms are carpet as is the vertical panel below the rear seat and bottom of the wheelarches. The lower rear quarter panel is leathercloth right down to the floor.

I hope that's all clear!

Peter.

Hello Peter

Brilliant pictures !  Just what I was looking for.  AND a photo of the Pytchley sliding roof.
I'm trying to retain the original "used" look and feel where I can, but where plywood has disintegrated and the carpet and lining has rotted it will have to be replaced.
The original interior seems to have been fairly crudely designed and put together - the panel over the windscreen and around the rear window being examples.  I'm surprised at how much wood there is just to support the interior trim - and millions of tiny rusty tacks, which remind me of the Austin film of the fitter with a mouth full of tacks and a magnetised hammer.
Thanks very much for your pictures and description - exactly what I needed.

All the best
Peter