The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mouse mats
Apologies if this has been mentioned before and I have no connection with the seller only that my wife bought me one recently .......

These mouse mats are rather nice  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-7-Mous...Cy-QFrtOSQ

The 1938 Big Seven Sixlite one I received  was even the correct colour. Big Grin

They are not particularly cheap but are excellent quality and must be of interest to Seven enthusiasts?

Regards, John
This Mouse Mat Website has infected my computer. DO NOT USE IT.
Smiley
Sorry Smiley, I do not understand your post.

If you have an infection on your computer I would be absolutely astonished if you got it from the Ebay link I provided above.

My mouse mat was bought from this listing and we have been using Ebay frequently for several years now.

IF you got infected from Ebay please report it to them and they will no doubt be as astonished as I am

Regards, John
No apparent problems for me from the ebay link.
Nothing from my side, tried the link 3 times
Okay, folks, I did get on to the website and as I closed down a message flashed up telling me that,
THAT WEBSITE HAS INFECTED YOUR COMPUTER AND PUT 30% OF CONTENT AT RISK.If no one
else has experienced this then I apologise for the error and will investigate further.
Smiley
(30-03-2018, 08:23 PM)Smiley Wrote: Okay, folks, I did get on to the website and as I closed down a message flashed up telling me that,
THAT WEBSITE HAS INFECTED YOUR COMPUTER AND PUT 30% OF CONTENT AT RISK.If no one
else has experienced this then I apologise for the error and will investigate further.
Smiley

That message is very suspicious, especially the 30% bit. It sounds like you have something on your computer which shouldn't be there.

That said, I'm certain you didn't get it from Ebay.

Run every virus and malware scanner you have installed.

Regards John.
Smiley
That message is the virus link. Hope you didn't click on it as I assume it invited you to link to a 'clean up' service, which will instal a virus, usually the type that scrambles your data and asks for a ransom. By loading an exe virus file like this it bypasses many virus protection.

It could have been dormant on your system for a while so probably nothing to do with the eBay link just coincidental timing as it activated on a randomly closed website to suggest to you that it was responding to a threat rather that it actually being the threat itself.
As said above do virus check quickly and back everything up if not too late.

These types of warning message are the new pop up virus source.

Andy B
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
(31-03-2018, 10:02 PM)Andy Bennett Wrote: Smiley
That message is the virus link. Hope you didn't click on it as I assume it invited you to link to a 'clean up' service, which will instal a virus, usually the type that scrambles your data and asks for a ransom. By loading an exe virus file like this it bypasses many virus protection.

It could have been dormant on your system for a while so probably nothing to do with the eBay link just coincidental timing as it activated on a randomly closed website to suggest to you that it was responding to a threat rather that it actually being the threat itself.

Andy B

Andy,

Thank you for the warning.

Austin
(31-03-2018, 10:02 PM)Andy Bennett Wrote: Smiley

Andy B

Hi Andy, yes that is exactly what happened.  However, we have managed to sort it and everything appears to be fine. I will have another go at the website now.  Thanks for the feedback. Angry
Smiley