The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Period wire ties
(28-03-2018, 08:03 AM)Reckless Rat Wrote: I can see at least three rusty p clips on that bulkhead picture so are they original?

Reckless,

Those clips are original, and were repeated along both wing edges for the front lighting cables, as well as under the car for the fuel line.

Not really P clips, as not enclosed - half saddle clips is I think the right wording.

Nick
Thanks for this information. I had not realised Wiring Harness Saddles were available as some of mine our missing A7C David Cochraine has them part number 2H161 (no photo yet) Just ordered mine for the new wiring harness about to go in!
Would I be right in thinking that looms and saddles never occurred together? I think the leather P clip came in for the harness, and the saddles were for pre loom armoured wiring?

I know I'm being pedantic for modern use, but I'd be interested to know if anyone has original evidence of anything...
Would these buckle clips be suitable for tidying up wiring in out of the way places? I have seen them used on 1960's cars not sure about pre war though.
Available at autoelectricsupplies.co.uk

Attached Files
.jpg   121801b_large.jpg (Size: 59.52 KB / Downloads: 136)
Also available in brass:-

http://www.buckle-clips.co.uk/buckle-cab...s-ties.htm
Austin, I've ordered some of these. I would have thought that the works would have had something similar in period to fasten armored wires together that didn't need to be attached to the car. The John Bull motorcycle wiring ties mentioned earlier, was something I had considered, but they are really for tying wiring to frames so tend to be long unless you wrap them twice or so. On my car(an Ulster Rep) I've got black plastic wire ties which work but clearly don't look right.

Erich in Seattle