The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction/ARQ
I went to get the car. I have pictures to upload and a few questions. I'll probably start a new thread about the car. I do have some numbers:

RF frame leg below the starter: 249558 (142 from the last ARQ ? July '36 ?)

RH side engine block: M252404 (3 main ?)

LH cowl: L14368

4 bladed fan (with 4 bolts), 16" wheels, LHD, air filter, fabric top, bumpers.

I have so much more, this is a start. Mike
Reasonably close chassis and engine numbers.... sounds good.

and how about the 2nd chassis number ?!
A very late ARQ!  Chassis and engine numbers look good and it could quite possibly be the original paring.

I don't recognise the L-prefix number - could that refer to the number of LHD cars produced?
Jon, The second chassis was complete. All but wheels. It was in a back room with a single door. I don't know how they got it in. He gave me a pile of papers. some related to a '31. I think that's what it is. It was all there. Engine, gearbox, driveline and steering column. I wish I could have gotten it too. No room and no way to get it out. I'll probably go back or have him ship it.
Martin, the tag is aluminum and held on with screws. Probably hand punched numbers. It is under the LH bonnet, high on the side of the cowl. I don't know what it relates to. Easily legible though.
I'm uploading 51 pictures to my domain. When I get them up, I'll start a thread. Thanks
(09-04-2018, 09:47 PM)FrogPond Wrote: Jon, The second chassis was complete. All but wheels. It was in a back room with a single door. I don't know how they got it in. He gave me a pile of papers. some related to a '31. I think that's what it is. It was all there. Engine, gearbox, driveline and steering column. I wish I could have gotten it too. No room and no way to get it out. I'll probably go back or have him ship it.
Martin, the tag is aluminum and held on with screws. Probably hand punched numbers. It is under the LH bonnet, high on the side of the cowl. I don't know what it relates to. Easily legible though.
I'm uploading 51 pictures to my domain. When I get them up, I'll start a thread. Thanks

Great!  Look forward to seeing the pictures.