The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body Snatchers - the ongoing story
It is still there if you scroll down the page.
(06-10-2020, 10:09 PM)Austin in the Shed Wrote:   I don't think the Firebird was a particularly good car but it's sad to see this happen to an obviously loved car.

Perhaps not in Alvis terms, although it was effectively the ultimate development of the highly regarded 12/50-12/60 range, but it was a far better car than the contemporary Austin/Morris/Standard/Vauxhall/et al equivalents.
And priced accordingly! More a competitor to Riley, Talbot, AC and so on. The ad says it was removed 5 years ago etc.....
Another bodysnatch, probably for yet another half-baked so called Ulster replica.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114769547732?ul_noapp=true
These people are simply clueless, they have no interest in motoring history, only money...my next project will be a genuine, original numbers matching Speedy, I’ll take the body off and sell it and build a Ruby replica...
(17-04-2021, 03:41 PM)Henry Harris Wrote: Another bodysnatch, probably for yet another half-baked so called Ulster replica.

But it has no bids, and less than 2 hours to go.
Hi All

Before we castigate too much... This body and chassis was on eBay a short while ago with what seems a genuine reason for the sale.  I think the seller collected the chassis and body separately and was going to create a car from the two parts but circumstances got in the way.

Not all sellers are inveterate car breakers!

Cheers

Howard

PS I’ve got nothing to do with the sale just an interested onlooker.
Reasonable point, well made Howard. Whilst I share the anger and distate at apparent vandalism of perfectly recoverable or useable cars, I am mindful that sometimes there is a back story of which we are unaware. 

If there is a deliberate and wanton destruction of a perfectly good vehicle, then may they rot. But if something has happened that is 'force majeure' so be it.
(17-04-2021, 06:55 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote:
(17-04-2021, 03:41 PM)Henry Harris Wrote: Another bodysnatch, probably for yet another half-baked so called Ulster replica.

But it has no bids, and less than 2 hours to go.

Auction ended on ebay. Someone bought this body for £790.
(17-04-2021, 07:30 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi All

Before we castigate too much... This body and chassis was on eBay a short while ago with what seems a genuine reason for the sale.  I think the seller collected the chassis and body separately and was going to create a car from the two parts but circumstances got in the way.

Not all sellers are inveterate car breakers!

Cheers

Howard

PS I’ve got nothing to do with the sale just an interested onlooker.

There is no denying that someone recently dismembered this car.