The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Original fan belts
There is a 1927 Chummy for sale here in the Seattle area. It sounds like a later engine(coil not mag). Apparently there is deposit from someone in the UK,so the car may be going back. The owner said that when he got the car, it had a leather belt pulling the fan, the belt falling off when the joint fixing failed. Were leather belts originally fitted to early cars?

Best,

Erich
(21-01-2018, 06:45 AM)Erich Wrote: There is a 1927 Chummy for sale here in the Seattle area. It sounds like a later engine(coil not mag). Apparently there is deposit from someone in the UK,so the car may be going back. The owner said that when he got the car, it had a leather belt pulling the fan, the belt falling off when the joint fixing failed. Were leather belts originally fitted to early cars?

Best,

Erich

From memory, in 1960 my 1929 fabric saloon had a leather fan belt (I think that was the only type of fan belt available then).

Cheers, Tony.

Cheers, Tony.
(21-01-2018, 06:45 AM)Erich Wrote: There is a 1927 Chummy for sale here in the Seattle area. It sounds like a later engine(coil not mag). Apparently there is deposit from someone in the UK,so the car may be going back. The owner said that when he got the car, it had a leather belt pulling the fan, the belt falling off when the joint fixing failed. Were leather belts originally fitted to early cars?

Best,

Erich
Erich
Yes it is making it's way back to the UK! I have found a shipper who will take it from Seattle.
News will follow. As ever it has an interesting history.
(21-01-2018, 08:58 AM)Tony Press Wrote:

Best,

Erich

From memory, in 1960 my 1929 fabric saloon had a leather fan belt (I think that was the only type of fan belt available then).

Cheers, Tony.

Cheers, Tony.

my 1925 chummy has a leather belt but it wont be original as a saddler made it for me properly made they last for years
Jeff
When I got my Ruby it had a leather belt and when it broke I made a replacement with a dog lead and “ Aligator” clips which lasted about 10 years.Now have a fabric replacement but not run it much since As I still have to put the back axle back on after replacing a half shaft
Congratulations, David! I've sent you a pm if you need any assistance with shipping.

Best,

Erich
(21-01-2018, 06:05 PM)Erich Wrote: Congratulations, David! I've sent you a pm if you need any assistance with shipping.

Best,

Erich

I will look out for it....it is in the ether somewhere!
D
(21-01-2018, 06:22 PM)David.H Wrote:
(21-01-2018, 06:05 PM)Erich Wrote: Congratulations, David! I've sent you a pm if you need any assistance with shipping.

Best,

Erich

I will look out for it....it is in the ether somewhere!
D

David, I sent an email, so look for that.