The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corroded water inlet stud boss
Thanks for your guidance chaps.

I was considering oversize studs but the Willie McKenzie trick looks pretty good.
That’s strange, because that’s my listing and I have plenty of happy customers if you check my reviews and I certainly don’t remember posting one to you.

The Austin 7 world certainly seems very incestuous at times!
(13-01-2020, 07:14 PM)Andy Cawley Wrote: Thanks for your guidance chaps.

I was considering oversize studs but the Willie McKenzie trick looks pretty good.

It's a great mod.
Rescued a decent vintage block for me

Charles
£17.50 seems a big difference in price. I bought one from JB for £12.50 and was happy with it.
Mine are exactly the same as JB’s and the same price, even with 10% going to EBay and a further 6% to PayPal of the total including the postage cost.
I figured it was best not to fully drill out and countersink now, as it allows you to drill accurate pilot holes. Also I figured that anyone doing this repair should be more than capable of countersinking the screws themselves and threading the 2 holes to suit their preferred stud and save a few pounds. Maybe I’ll offer an alternative version also at the higher price.
(14-01-2020, 01:34 AM)Belinni Wrote: Mine are exactly the same as JB’s and the same price, even with 10% going to EBay and a further 6% to PayPal of the total including the postage cost.
I figured it was best not to fully drill out and countersink now, as it allows you to drill accurate pilot holes. Also I figured that anyone doing this repair should be more than capable of countersinking the screws themselves and threading the 2 holes to suit their preferred stud and save a few pounds. Maybe I’ll offer an alternative version also at the higher price.

A higher priced version complete sounds good to me. Complete with holes countersunk, studs attached, and why not supply the drill and tap to thread holes in the block with.
It’s down to the purchaser you make your choice pay your money and get what you want.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
    This repair took a couple of hours, I've been wondering how to fit a sacrificial anode in the block which is what the extra hole is for.
Interesting thought Dave - however I would have thought the aluminium manifold itself is already fulfilling this function to some extent?
As the marine industry found aluminium and steel in contact with each other corrode very fast. Curiously if the two are welded together they don't corrode. Both the Seven block and water inlet corrode well together so I've been thinking for a long time as to how to fit a zinc sacrificial anode and this provided the answer.