The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flywheel attachment - shiming washer?
Hi all,

Just looking to see if anyone can see any issues with my intended course of action here. 

I’ve lapped my flywheel on to a new crank and got everything running nice a true.  However, I can tell by using my spacer (that’s the same width as the inner bearing race) that even with loads of torque applied to the nut I’ll not be able to make the oil thrower kiss the inner bearing race.  

Now I could lap some more to allow the flywheel boss to move toward the oil thrower but I hate the idea of removing any more metal that necessary.  What I’m proposing is to use 1 or 2 of the 0.006” shimming washers as shown in the photo.  These will ensure that the dimples on the oil thrower will be firmly nipped against the flywheel boss. 

I’ve not seen this proposed as an idea in the past so I’m worried I might have missed something.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve & Tate Davidson
Perpetual Amateur Austineers

Messages In This Thread
Flywheel attachment - shiming washer? - by steve davidson - 29-03-2020, 08:04 PM