The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
beaulieu autojumble genius or stoopidity
hi adam,

my coment on people not expecting to pay higher prices at other events. may be a bit misleading to you.

its more like, take a bacon slicer starter motor. thats probably expected to sell for £150 in good condition. "anywere"

this item will sell at beaulieu at that price.

were as all you get at places like stoneleigh is people sucking tongues at that price. and NO buyer.

so i wasnt suggesting that things sell at "overpriced prices" at beaulieu, i ment expensive as in £150 is a lot of money to most.

were as things that are expected to sell for £20 or less, can be acheived at stoneleigh. and malvern, and newark etc.

as for the signage, although it looks like nothing sells. its the most boyant part of the market place. thats why over recent years it now looks like there is more signage at beaulieu than car parts.

sundays have always been quieter, but since the trunk traders. many stall holders are feeling its no longer worth stopping for sunday.

this year, i found a simular thing on friday with the signage. serious buyers had already spent out on the NEW thursday set up day.

it feels like the standard friday to sunday sellers are being chopped at both ends?

it may now make more sense to set up thursday, and come home saterday evening. (may even get a bonus of no queues to get out of beaulieu?).

tony.

Messages In This Thread
RE: beaulieu autojumble genius or stoopidity - by Tony Betts - 16-12-2019, 11:36 AM