The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Family camping holiday touring France in an Austin Seven Summer 2018...
(08-08-2018, 08:47 AM)Chris KC Wrote: Ruairidh many thanks for sharing this tale. I share your feelings about not fixing what ain't broke; but it has to be done some time. And I'm glad it is not just me who has had a few late nights getting fit for trips abroad!

Still slightly puzzled by your valve issue, looks like it was stuck open? That's an inlet I take it? (sorry, it's early in the morning). I think you made the right call in replacing the block.

Just curious, but what did you find on the Pearl which was solid enough to hang a trailer off?

Valve was overheating (it is blue!) due to crack and then jamming open causing tappet to open up and tick.

Tow bar mounted to existing bumper using HT bolts back to chassis mounts - toured with the Nutshell Caravan on this set up, which is much heavier than the trailer, without issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Family camping holiday touring France in an Austin Seven Summer 2018... - by Ruairidh Dunford - 08-08-2018, 09:16 AM