The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweet dreams
Anybody else do this?

Attached Files
.jpg   sweet dreams 2.jpg (Size: 498.64 KB / Downloads: 452)
I’ve always liked that one , I always list everything and tick when it’s bren torqued this prevent the 3am hmm did I tighten X .
The nightmare of the engine builder. Since being striped down have I lost any pieces.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Jowett? Beetle?
If having nightmares possibly a Javelin!
It's from "How to keep your Volkswagen alive" , my bible in the 1970's. I think it's a Gilbert Sheldon, he of" Fat Freddy's Cat" and the "Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" fame. (Giving away my chequered past here)
Remember it well, I still have the original proof copy here from the days I worked for the publisher, Speed and Sports, I think we were all “relaxed” quite a lot in those days...man.
I think I’ll pretend I have no idea what any of this means, or maybe have forgotten what it did mean. Those smells, the Castrol R, the patchouli oil......
I remember the bed-end as being different.
Next time I see an immaculate Austin Seven engine I will wonder how many lost hours of sleep were lost in bringing it to completion. I thought that I was the only one with this problem.
Because of the similarity I used that cartoon in a Jowett mag eons ago. I cannot remember the caption. Possibly a missing piston in a commode under the bed and the guy worrying where he left it...... Over 120,000 miles I had my Javelin engine in that state at least three times and partly dismantled a myriad more. In the innocence of youth I completely dismantled the engine and gearbox when first acquired. I thought , as with Seven, any incipient faults would be apparent. I did not then know how many were, unlike the Seven, due inadequate design and not apprent to the uninitiated. Work was 360 miles away and leave running out so there were things to worry about at night.