Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1932 Austin Seven Special for sale
Hello all, I am selling my '32 special in order to make way for a new car. It would be nice if I didn't have to go through the joys of auction so thought I'd advertise here first. I've looked at what's available and feel £13,000 is a sensible price. Presented in "oily rag" condition, this is a quick car built by the previous owner with the aim to race but with a couple of comforts for modern driving. I bought the car with my father hoping in the future we could go racing when I had more spare time. I have since started farming and have a small family so that's out of the window!
Tech spec below, based in Somerset: 
Brakes, front mini, back Austin Seven with triumph herald slave cylinders.
Engine, Austin Ruby cylinder head skimmed for higher compression ratio, ported block, plus 0.080" pistons, phoenix crankshaft, race profile camshaft, lightened flywheel, 1 1/4 SU, large inlet valves, standard exhaust valves, 4 branch exhaust manifold, Aluminium oil sump.
Block to crankcase strapping modification.
Ignition, shorted distributor drive. Standard auto advance distributor.
Running gear, close ratio 3 speed gearbox, 1:6.25 rear axle.
Suspension, lowered front axle, lowered rear springs, modified to twin front friction damper, modified rear dampers. 
Electronics, electric rev counter, electric speedometer, 12v electrics with Alternator.

More than happy to allow covid secure viewings and or test drives for serious buyers.
More than happy to answer any questions should you have any. Thankyou, Charlie.

Charlie, If this car is still for sale could you please PM me. Many thanks Trevor (in Holcombe, Somerset)