The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spellcheck
I though it best to bring to your attention that my spellchecker interprets "Ruaridh" as "Harridan"

Cheers mate
This is quite the most marvellously accurate description I have ever read of myself - now get back to work you idle buggers!
My Wife's name is Angela. Most of the time I shorten that to Ang. MS Word picks that up as an incorrect spelling and suggests Nag as correct. 

I am unable to comment further Sad

Steve
Before I retired one of our customers was Mr Jelliman. The spell checker changed this to Jelly bean.
Jim
(20-12-2017, 02:32 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: This is quite the most marvellously accurate description I have ever read of myself - now get back to work you idle buggers!

I say old chap, would you mind awfully calling us buggers, beggars, please....I got hauled over the coals for using a John Majorism (bastards)!

Happy Christmas to all, I'm off to the fatherland for Christmas tomorrow, where I hope to see a Dixi or Wartburg.

Arthur
I would have found idle more offensive - personally!
I thought "work" a bit off, too.
I recently sent a letter to the Dalesman magazine for my elderly Mother who does not have a computer or email (thank God!)  The letter was about her memories of childhood at Primary School during severe winters.  She wrote that the children came to school through the snow and on arrival lined up to have their wEllies pulled off.  Unfortunately the computer  spell checker did not understand wEllies and changed it to willies.  Had I not noticed this it would have been rather embarrassing!   I see that the same thing has happened just now!
It is certainly one way to combat overpopulation Malcolm!
I used to have an Indian customer in Delhi called Mr Dickshit.
A spellchecker could do no worse than his parentage had already done to him...
When I did the handover to his new account manager he misunderstood and said hello Mr Shit (believing Dick to be his fIrst name). I nearly wet myself.

I also had a customer in Jordan called Gabrielle Archangel.
I could almost write a book.

Andy B
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!