The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cunning spam - or not?
I was summoned for my first jab on Saturday by a phone call from my local GP surgery (I recognised the number) right in the middle of a Zoom meeting for another organisation that I am involved with. It gave me the perfect excuse to leave. As Saturday was reasonably nice, I took the Seven down to the local leisure centre which is being used for the vaccination. Lots of smiles and waves and a couple of the car park ushers took photos.
What will that do to the statistics? The proportion of Welsh vaccine recivers turning up in Austin Sevens.
I had a text message from my GP surgery asking me to ring a number for an appointment, which I did. I had to hang on in a queue for nearly 10 minutes, but I was given appointments for both vaccinations, the first on December 11th and the second on January 1st. It all went like clockwork.
The instructions here in Scotland are that ONLY phone calls or letters will be used to notify appointments.
There is also a help phone line for The Bewildered.
Jim
Sadly such crisis often brings the worst out in some people, as well as the best. On this side of the pond, a Vancouver BC couple (very wealthy, I might add), flew to Whitehorse YT, then chartered a private plane to a remote First Nations Reserve. They told the clinic in the village that they were new managers at the local motel. They got their shots, but the local band leader was suspicious and called the motel to find the couple didn't work there. When they flew the chartered plane back to WH, the RCMP was there to meet them. Not only did they take vaccine meant for the elderly in this remote village, but they could have potentially brought the virus to an area with limited medical facilities and a large vulnerable elder population.
(10-02-2021, 05:31 PM)Erich Wrote: Sadly such crisis often brings the worst out in some people, as well as the best. On this side of the pond, a Vancouver BC couple (very wealthy, I might add), flew to Whitehorse YT, then chartered a private plane to a remote First Nations Reserve. They told the clinic in the village that they were new managers at the local motel. They got their shots, but the local band leader was suspicious and called the motel to find the couple didn't work there. When they flew the chartered plane back to WH, the RCMP was there to meet them. Not only did they take vaccine meant for the elderly in this remote village, but they could have potentially brought the virus to an area with limited medical facilities and a large vulnerable elder population.

I am often bewildered by how people with sh1t for brains get a lot of money - I suppose telling falsehoods without conscience helps  Big Grin