The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin 7 Special C.C.Gregory 1992 info
Good evening all,

I have recently purchased an A7 special.  It has a badge attached to the chassis with "C.C.GREGORY 1992" stamped on it.

The Chassis no is 270238
Engine no M19454
Reg RVS 147 (although this may have been changed)

I understand the previous owner bought the car to restore at a Richard Edmonds auction in Aug 13.

Any further info would be much appreciated.  I have attempted to attach a few photos.  I've also slightly changed my username as I couldn't log on with my old email address.

Merry Christmas,

Alex

According to the A7CA Register the reg no. is RVS 127. Registered 1937. Was associated with DorA7C in 2014. Perhaps you could update the Register. http://a7ca.org/chassis-register/chassisresults
interesting wiring loom solution for the engine bay - quite ingenious. I saw the Dorset Club advert online for that car I think, and it looked like it had been methodically sorted in its time with the last owner.
I suspect there's a digit missing from the given engine number...
The engine number recorded is 19454, so yes a missing digit.
Hi Alex,  I am considering building a special. I like the look of your car. Can I ask you to take a few photos of the rear end and from the seats backwards to show the back end detail.
(15-12-2017, 08:22 PM)Tod Wrote: Hi Alex,  I am considering building a special. I like the look of your car. Can I ask you to take a few photos of the rear end and from the seats backwards to show the back end detail.

Of course Tod, will try and upload a few photos tomorrow. 

Where abouts in the country are you?

(10-12-2017, 11:46 AM)NBS Wrote: The engine number recorded is 19454, so yes a missing digit.

M194541 

Does that make sense now?
Seems a nicely made special but does it not get a bit hot under the bonnet? - seems to be a bit short on vents to me (basing my comments on how hot it gets in my RP when it's working hard).

I do think that a special looks best when made using a short chassis.  I don't know what it is (perhaps it's just me) but the proportions always seem to look stretched on a 6'9" frame, even though the saloons look fine. Perhaps it's the lowering that alters the perspective, although for a longpod like me the extra room would be welcome.

The quoted engine number would make it a 1934 crankcase.
"I don't know what it is (perhaps it's just me) but the proportions always seem to look stretched on a 6'9" frame"

I believe that is because on a long chassis you need to move or extend the steering column backwards to get the balance right and avoid the stretched cockpit appearance of so many LWB specials. That is why a SWB ulster body with a long bonnet looks so much better when fitted to a LWB chassis, on my own special I extended the column by around 4" to get the scuttle in the right place.
Black Art Enthusiast
Hi Alex, I look forward to seeing other photos of your car. I am in the frozen north, Central Scotland.