The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rusty Ruby - for "Restoration"
The contact number on the site is Fife, around St Andrews in particular.
(01-12-2020, 06:20 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: It works fine on my pc; one click is all it took. The only criticism I would offer is that it would be useful to know where in the country you're based.
Really odd. I tried in on my new super-powerful job - and the site worked quite differently to the vintage model sitting next to it. i.e. the newer was slower. Work that one out! I've no idea at all...
Works fine here.
Web site works fine on both an iPad and an iMac for me!

But back to the car, as has been said it looks like a saveable original interior and there are not many Rubies in original paint, it’s a cracking car with loads of potential in my view and if I had the space I would jump at it.
yup website good for me too.
nice to see it offered as restoration rather than ready to cut up for a special.

Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
As has already been said this is quite a late example - I have always found the door pockets for this model most unusual.

Does anyone know if the change of design was done for a particular reason, they look less practical to me?
I think this pocket change occurred at the same time as the carpet was altered to a small patch where one's foot tends to run against the door, rather than the original strip along the bottom, and the chain was shortened and attached to the door pull handle?  A styling change that also saved a few pennies? 

Colin
(01-12-2020, 03:48 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: That doesn't look too bad; I've certainly seen worse ...and it's a late car with full-Girling rod brakes and good-looking original upholstery.
I hope that somebody does take it on. The Ruby, in comparison with a Chummy, is a lot more work and the ultimate value not great. Still, if you love 'em, it hardly matters. And that interior, quite something.....
Following this thread makes me feel sooo much better about mine ! ( https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...p?tid=1062 ) Whomever gets this has their work cut out for them. And I was worried about the scope of the project I took on. I paid a little more for it than I did my Herald. I only had to gap the points to drive that. Now I feel lucky. These days my Ruby is resting inside. Patiently waiting it's turn. Mike

Little more than a good wash and an oily rag. Looks sound but don’t be deceived, it’s not a job for a beginner. Hours of hard work and heart ache. I know, I’ve done it three times but the reward to see the cars being brought back from the beyond and pick up prizes makes it worth it.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.