The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Ruby log for GMD 589.
        I recently bought a Ruby manual online and at the back are the servicing and maintenance details handwritten by the owner(s) from new in 1937 to June of 1941. The reg looks to be GMD589 (possible GMP) and from some other scribbles here and there she seems to have been in use around the south coast and I guess must've been one of the few cars being used in wartime. 
I don't suppose she's still around?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It doesn't seem to be on the DVLA database. It could exist with a different registration number, or if it is abroad, but seems unlikely.
New pistons & rings at 14400 miles, one of my engines is coming up to 100,000 miles.
(22-09-2020, 08:38 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: New pistons & rings at 14400 miles, one of my engines is coming up to 100,000 miles.
Has the 100,000-mile engine been run from new with an air cleaner, Dave? Looking at photographs of minor roads ib pre-war years, many appear to have been very dusty and, as such, cannot have helped bore and piston life. Today, with cleaner roads, an air filter and better oils one wonders just how far a 7 engine could go.
Interesting that you should ask Tony, it took many years before I finally fitted one and at least 50000 was done without a filter.