The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scammers
You almost have to admire the tenacity and stupidity of the thieving pondlife that oozes into ebay on a regular basis.

Our old friend, the short wheel base VSCC racing car is coming round for another lap and this time it is making an even more impressive price. Just hope no-one is naive enough to get stung.

.jpg   scam.JPG (Size: 20.23 KB / Downloads: 373)
It's a little shocking that eBay are unable or unwilling to put an end to this saga. But as I have commented elsewhere, the internet is creaking a little...
The sellers account has been hacked and is being used to advertise 888 cars, caravans and motorbikes. It seems to always happen on a weekend and ebay take 2-3 days to remove them once reported. I think a few people are now working to quickly put high prices on the fraudulent items to try and stop someone being conned before ebay get around to removing the listings.

Ebay are well aware of the scam and I do not understand why they have not put safeguards in place to stop an account suddenly listing hundreds of high value items.
(30-03-2020, 05:25 PM)daveg Wrote: The sellers account has been hacked and is being used to advertise 888 cars, caravans and motorbikes. It seems to always happen on a weekend and ebay take 2-3 days to remove them once reported. I think a few people are now working to quickly put high prices on the fraudulent items to try and stop someone being conned before ebay get around to removing the listings.

Ebay are well aware of the scam and I do not understand why they have not put safeguards in place to stop an account suddenly listing hundreds of high value items.
A good idea to put ludicrously high bids in as a warning.
Splendid machine. I remember being sat in the smoking lounge of the Coil and Codpiece one summer's evening, when Percy Ponde- Lyffe came dashing into the car park in that very racer. "Missed you at Shelsley today, old boy" he called out above the sound of the village ricket team celebrating a draw this week instead of being slaughtered as usual " got the little bugger up the hill in eighteen seconds! Made Old Raymond's ERA look like a Trojan." He then slapped a florin onto the bar and challenged me to a race down to the Pie and Pinion, a couple of miles down the road in Great Slatherings, last one there buys the pints and a very large gin for Brunhilde the barmaid, good lord you should have heard her sing! Anyway, I fired up my Type 35, the vicar dropped the flag and blow me if that racing Austin didn't leave my Bugatti standing. As true as the ad, and continued on p.94.......
You missed your vocation Steve. Lovely bit of writing. (It put me in mind of Roly Birkin off the Fast Show... but I'm afraid I was very, very drunk...)