The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby Sidelights
I'm trying to put together some sidelights (Lucas LD109) which I think are the same as fitted to a Ruby and need some information on the bulb holder. The adaptor and reflector I was going to use seems to be a bit long and although they fit into the shell they don't leave a lot of room to get the cable out at the rear. I'm thinking I've got the wrong parts, does anybody have one in bits they could take a photo of?

Do you have the chrome shell/body, glass & rim? I have a Ruby & an AAL Tourer, both 1937, and their matched pairs of side lights are different sizes!! I don't know if someone replaced one pair or the others. I repaired the bulb holder wires & bulb contact using parts from a BA15S bulb holder. Yes, there is limited space for the wires so I used 'modern' cable? What parts are you particularly interested in. There should be the two parts as in your photos plus 2 clips to retain the reflector part in the chrome rim with glass and the main body.

.jpg   20200223_202146.jpg (Size: 335.35 KB / Downloads: 122)

I replaced the bulb holder in mine with a small piece of rubber heater hose and an LED bulb with bullt in indicators. There's no room for a bulb holder so I soldered the wires... the bits you have there look right. There is very little room behind.
I have two sidelights (one with a split shell) from a Ruby I used to own.  One has internals identical to those in your photos.  The other has something very similar but about 1/16" (1.5mm) shorter.  As Derek says, there is not much room for the wire, but there must be enough.  There may be varieties of these sidelights with slightly different shell sizes and innards, so a set is needed that works together? (The ones on my current Ruby, from February '37, are Mazak rather than brass and look slightly longer.)