The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ULEZ
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-47815117

Anyone know how this will impact on events such as the London - Brighton?
Chris,
I think you will find that historic vehicles are exempt.
J
Hope so - but this isn't reflected in the on-line checking tool linked in the BBC article.
Honest John had something about historic vehicles, saying that they are exempt, so I guess he has checked. The other significant thing is that it only applies to diesel engined vehicles as far as I can see.
Robert Leigh
This is from the BBC site:

"Vehicles can be checked using TfL's online checker but broadly speaking, those which are non-compliant are:

Motorbikes that do not meet Euro 3 standards (pre-2007 vehicles)
Petrol cars and vans that do not meet Euro 4 standards (vehicles pre-2006)
Diesel cars and vans that do not meet Euro 6 standards (vehicles pre-2015)
Buses, coaches and lorries will need to meet or exceed the Euro 6 standards or pay £100 a day"

Charge is £12.50 per day.

Just checked my Seven on the ULEZ site and, being historic (pre-1979) she is exempt.

Colin
Hmm, didn't say that when I ran my plates.

Hmm again - I just ran it again to make sure and actually the reply gives conflicting info - that the £12.50 charge is applicable and also that the car is exempt.
Hi
Same happening in Birmingham from 2020. My cars won’t pass but I get a 2year dispensation as I have a flat there.
Mentioned to my son who wasn’t bothered as his ex military Land Rover is exempt!
A similar scheme has been started in the greater Stuttgart area in Germany and excludes all diesel cars that are not Euro 5 or Euro 6 compliant. However it appears that policing it will be random so when I go to visit the family in May I shall still take the Uber barge which is Euro 4 and we'll see what happens... I suspect that the GL ULEZ will be controlled using covert surveillance and automatic number plate reading technology, similar to tghe Dartford Crossing and the central London zone. Fortunately in my case the vehicle is French registered so should not come up on any ANPR system either in the UK or Germanland.

We shall see!
Reckless, in the case of ULEZ the charge automatically applies if the car is registered outside the UK and details are not held in their database.
Just checked ULEZ site again - it has changed its response on the Ruby from earlier this morning. Now says ULEZ charge applicable, but LEZ charge (as already in place for larger vehicles) is not. Howefver, the wording has also changed and it now adds:

"This checker only checks the emissions status of the vehicle - it does not take into account any exemption or discount that may apply. To find out if you need to pay the charge, go to ‘Pay to drive in London ’."

On the tfl.govt site it still says, under exemptions...

"All vehicles that have a historic vehicle tax class will be exempt from the ULEZ. This tax class excludes any vehicle used commercially (for example, coffee vans or street food vans).

In line with the existing LEZ discount all vehicles registered before 1 January 1973 will be exempt from the ULEZ, regardless of commercial use or otherwise.

If your vehicle meets the above criteria and is registered in the UK, it is automatically exempt and you don't need to register with us. If your vehicle meets the above criteria but is registered outside the UK, you are also exempt, but will need to register with us. Details on how you can register will be available closer to the time."

Colin