The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1932 Saloon Restoration
Swage line on bulkhead, exposed joints rear panel RN, RP smooth. Dashboard. Doors slightly different (moulding around glass parallel on RN, slightly bowed on RP).

See pics here too: https://www.pinterest.fr/ivor383/austin-...p-saloons/
Then I have a RN with a 4 speed gear box and plated window surround. And rear fuel tank.
I forgot to mention that the rear body seams on my car are flush as on the RP.
About the last months production of RNs had 4 speed box, rear tank, D type axle and instruments like RP in separate panel and no visible rear body vertical seams. The RP had an overlapping sun roof (not inset) the mould lines under the side windows have a slight dip, the scuttle waist mould line goes up the A post.
Dave,

Is this an accurate way to tell?

RN

RP

(13-02-2019, 06:40 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: Here's another view of it, this is what is known as a long term project.

Ah......I thought it was a lowered lightened saloon for racing  Rolleyes
Yes Ruairidh, that's the best way of identifying whether it's an RP or RN, particularly with the 4 speed RNs.
Great, thanks.

Package has arrived safely.
(13-02-2019, 10:29 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Dave,

Is this an accurate way to tell?

RN

RP

I see I am going to through a spanner in all of this. Mine doesn't have a step down in the body line thickness like in the first picture and also doesn't look like the second. 

I am 99% sure mine has a uniform thick waist line from the front all the way to the nose.
OK so my mat'e December 33 RP has the wood roof supports, so presumably Austin's had realised using up the wood off cuts was cheaper than the steel pressings.