The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Solid copper head gaskets - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Solid copper head gaskets (/showthread.php?tid=652)

Pages: 1 2 3

Solid copper head gaskets - Charles P - 07-01-2018

Anyone know who makes them?

Thanks

Charles

RE: Solid copper head gaskets - Chris KC - 07-01-2018

Charles, I have this very old info on file, possibly of use:

Brian Harfield, of 3, Woodland View, Bromley Cross, Bolton, Lancashire, BL7 9NS. 'phone (01204) 305051

M.Blake (ads in the VSCC newsletter) 01584 711112

Johnson Gaskets (01274-682298)

Copper & Automative washer co (01922-743951)

http://www.headgasket.com/

RE: Solid copper head gaskets - Ian Williams - 07-01-2018

Yes, we have just had some produced here, message me.

RE: Solid copper head gaskets - Steve Jones - 07-01-2018

Bob Johnson - Johnson's Gaskets in Bradford as above, Charles. However, if Ian has one available in NZ then that would, inevitably, be quicker I'd imagine.

Steve

RE: Solid copper head gaskets - leaf200 - 07-01-2018

Do you have a drawing of what you want?

RE: Solid copper head gaskets - Charles P - 07-01-2018

(07-01-2018, 08:21 PM)leaf200 Wrote: Do you have a drawing of what you want?

No, but given time I could wrestle one into a cad format like dxf. I've done it before 

C

RE: Solid copper head gaskets - leaf200 - 07-01-2018

(07-01-2018, 08:27 PM)Charles P Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 08:21 PM)leaf200 Wrote: Do you have a drawing of what you want?

No, but given time I could wrestle one into a cad format like dxf. I've done it before 

C

Charles 

I used these guys for a Morris headgasket a while ago just supplied a cad drawing

Tolgar Engineering Ltd,
27 B/C Morelands Trading Estate,
Bristol Road,
Gloucester,
GL1 5RZ

Hope this helps let us know how you get on

David

RE: Solid copper head gaskets - squeak - 11-07-2023

Raising this old thread Ian, do you have any solid copper head gaskets left, if not is the supplier able to make any more?  TIA regards  Russell

RE: Solid copper head gaskets - dickie65 - 11-07-2023

I suspect that with modern laser and waterjet cutting it would be easy to get some made.
I have just discovered that our local laser jet company owner is a Vintage car owner with a rare Frazer Nash ( only three ever made )
I should pop round and see if he can do it from a pattern, I just happen to have a genuine Austin one hanging on the shed wall This is the correct item for the 9E Nippy / Ulster.
Its a different shape from the early low compression and the later high compression gaskets.
It will be re annealed and go into my Nippy engine once its finished.
A Laser scan should be enable the correct file for cutting.

RE: Solid copper head gaskets - Ian Williams - 11-07-2023

Hi Squeak, No we don't have any left now. They were laser jet cut and Marcus Ling has the CAD file that was used. Unfortunately in practice they were not as successful as I would have liked, part of the issue was that when they cut by the Laser slightly more material was removed than the drawing line suggested it would, this reduced the compressible material in a couple of key areas causing a weakness. We did consider a MK2 version to see if results could be improved but life and other issues got in the way so the project was shelved. Marcus my be willing to have another go if there is a demand and I am happy to discuss the modifications I believe need to be made to the original CAD file if Marcus intends to use it again. I would be very interested to see the original solid copper 9E gasket you have Dickie, it could be illuminating especially as we had issues with the ones we made.