The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Resto on a budget !!!! - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Resto on a budget !!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6234)

Pages: 1 2

Resto on a budget !!!! - flywheel1935 - 10-06-2021

In the process of recommissioning my ARQ Ruby, and plan to recycle as many of the bits that were on it when purchased off Sir Anthony Jolliffe back in 1991.
Mrs P kindly recovered the rear window surround for £2.20p. Hope to be back on the road in the next few weeks. Door cards next !!!!

RE: Resto on a budget !!!! - Ivor Hawkins - 10-06-2021

Try not to put it in upside down!

RE: Resto on a budget !!!! - flywheel1935 - 10-06-2021

I'm in Australia. only joking, the photo was the right way up, but the attachment link seemed to spin it.

RE: Resto on a budget !!!! - Malcolm Parker - 11-06-2021

The head-lining on my Pytchley evocation cost 50p, an old woolen blanket picked up in a charity shop.

RE: Resto on a budget !!!! - Steve kay - 11-06-2021

Eagerly awaited, the next Yorkshire contribution. “50p for an old blanket, that were ten bob! Our mum kept the whole family thriving on mutton and mash for half a crown a week when I were a lad, dad took the other half crown of his wages to build a JAP engined Seven special. To save petrol getting to hillclimbs, he’d tie it onto the back of a passing tram.”

RE: Resto on a budget !!!! - Colin Morgan - 11-06-2021

Get the rest of the restoration of the car as good as that, and it will be fine. I remember the satisfaction of fitting that item - it was the very last one!

RE: Resto on a budget !!!! - Nick Turley - 11-06-2021

50 p !

I thought you would use the wool off your girlfriends sheep and weave the material - think of the saving Malcolm.[Image: angel.png]

RE: Resto on a budget !!!! - Malcolm Parker - 11-06-2021

Good thinking, Nick.
The other day I was waiting at the A170 junction to go down to Thirsk when I saw what looked like a compost heap coming up the road towards me.  As it passed I realised that it was a Smart car that had been completely covered in artificial turf.  I cannot think why anyone would want to do that, apart from disguising your embarrassment at driving a Smart car?  Nick's posting has given me the idea of covering my next project with the fleeces from Margaret's sheep, complete with 'dags' around the exhaust.  There could however be a problem with sheepdog Gus rounding the vehicle up and preventing it leaving the farmyard!
More environmentally friendly than an electric Austin 7?

RE: Resto on a budget !!!! - Tony Press - 11-06-2021

Half a crown- you were lucky !

RE: Resto on a budget !!!! - flywheel1935 - 12-06-2021

In the spirit of keeping costs down & using bits & bobs from around the house, Mondrian meets Herbert Austin meets Andy Warhol/David Hockney  for the inner padding of our Ruby's door cards. It will be in the Tate Modern in 2054 !!!!