The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Steering Arm routine bring up - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Steering Arm routine bring up (/showthread.php?tid=559)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Steering Arm routine bring up - Bob Culver - 16-12-2017

Ths topic is of such vital importance to Seven owners it needs t be regularly brought to attention for newcomers, and must appear in the Search function. 

The topic is very well covered under its own heading on David Cochrane’s site.
Note that cracks also occur at the shoulder flange (which is basically the same on replacement arms.) Arms must seat firmly on the left and right edges of the flange and not primarily the middle, and be firmly tensioned.

I dunno what has happened to the Forum. There has not been a dud dynamo, knocking torque tube, wayward front axle, or muddled brake levers for weeks.

RE: Steering Arm routine bring up - Michael - 16-12-2017

(16-12-2017, 10:40 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: I dunno what has happened to the Forum. There has not been a dud dynamo, knocking torque tube, wayward front axle, or muddled brake levers for weeks.

It's too cold.

RE: Steering Arm routine bring up - Ruairidh Dunford - 16-12-2017

Positively balmy up here - a mild -7c...

Spanners stuck to my gloves at 7am and now having to warm up the Loctite before it will come out the bottle!

RE: Steering Arm routine bring up - Peter Clayton - 16-12-2017

(16-12-2017, 11:16 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Positively balmy up here - a mild -7c...

Spanners stuck to my gloves at 7am and now having to warm up the Loctite before it will come out the bottle!

Out of the bottle,,, the best place for many liquids at this time of year.   A Merry Christmas to you all,  Hic.

RE: Steering Arm routine bring up - Tony Betts - 16-12-2017

Hi R,

Loving the (3) brush heads Big Grin

They all look well kept. Big Grin

Tony.

RE: Steering Arm routine bring up - Ian Williams - 16-12-2017

Brilliant!

The top one is ordinary day wear, the large one I wear on Sundays whilst riding my Penny Farthing.

RE: Steering Arm routine bring up - Tony Betts - 16-12-2017

The bottom one must be for the cold wheather then.

Mind you, looking forward to tomorrow's pic of you wearing the large one on your penny farthing. Wink

Tony.

RE: Steering Arm routine bring up - Nick Salmon - 16-12-2017

The lower broom is even larger than that used by Mrs McKay whilst clearing the Cockbridge to Tomintoul road of snow. Truly impressive!

I was a student of hers - lovely lady.

No photos on a Sunday Tony.