Austinsevenfriends
1929 Austin 7 in a giant cracker - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 1929 Austin 7 in a giant cracker (/showthread.php?tid=5447)

1929 Austin 7 in a giant cracker - Tony Griffiths - 25-12-2020

1929 and the "Wanstead Motor Depot" dress up a Mulliner (?) Coupe. Pinched from the Telegraph and, in the second picture, now coloured-in after hours of laborious work. Clever. eh? Not really, the colouring is automatic, courtesy a clever program recommended by a well-known (and very clever) A7 enthusiast.

RE: 1929 Austin 7 in a giant cracker - Bob Culver - 26-12-2020

Hi Tony

That is stunning. Photos now can never be trusted. It must hugely complicate evidence in legal cases. A Council extensively repaired a house of mine they subsided. All work on the basis of a precautionary photo pessimistic I took before they excavated alongside. Despite being supposed to serve the ciitizenry, their large and determined legal team saw evasion of blame as a matter of principle and pride. With todays photo mod programs in existance I would have been sunk permanently.

RE: 1929 Austin 7 in a giant cracker - Tony Griffiths - 26-12-2020

(26-12-2020, 12:59 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: Hi Tony

That is stunning. Photos now can never be trusted. It must hugely complicate evidence in legal cases. A Council extensively repaired a house of mine they subsided. All work on the basis of a precautionary photo pessimistic I took before they excavated alongside. Despite being supposed to serve the ciitizenry, their large and determined legal team saw evasion of blame as a matter of principle and pride. With todays photo mod programs in existance  I would have been sunk permanently.
Today, to be sure I suppose, one could use film - and so have an uncorrupted negative. Plus, as a backup, two or more sets of undeveloped negatives as the final 16-inch salvo.

RE: 1929 Austin 7 in a giant cracker - Tony Press - 26-12-2020

"Today, to be sure I suppose, one could use film - and so have an uncorrupted negative. Plus, as a backup, two or more sets of undeveloped negatives as the final 16-inch salvo."

Film ? Negative ? Never heard of them  Big Grin

And the original 110 year old untampered picture of my grandfathers motor garage in Chard will still be available long after all the disc, chip and printed pictures are a distant memory Confused Confused

RE: 1929 Austin 7 in a giant cracker - Tony Griffiths - 27-12-2020

(26-12-2020, 10:07 PM)Tony Press Wrote: "Today, to be sure I suppose, one could use film - and so have an uncorrupted negative. Plus, as a backup, two or more sets of undeveloped negatives as the final 16-inch salvo."

Film ? Negative ? Never heard of them  Big Grin

And the original 110 year old untampered picture of my grandfathers motor garage in Chard will still be available long after all the disc, chip and printed pictures are a distant memory Confused Confused
Indeed. Need to secure your digital pictures for ever? Print them out...or have them printed for you.

RE: 1929 Austin 7 in a giant cracker - dickie65 - 01-01-2021

At least the Cracker in the Austin is of a normal size !!!

Happy New Year