The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Another Rosengart to sell in France - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Another Rosengart to sell in France (/showthread.php?tid=5274)

Pages: 1 2

Another Rosengart to sell in France - Renaud - 18-11-2020

Hello,
The seller of the Sport Rosengart I just bought has also that true barn find found at a miller's:

[Image: img_3322.jpg] [Image: img_3321.jpg]

[Image: img_3319.jpg] [Image: img_3320.jpg]

This is from the seller:

"Pour la voiture du meunier (première main) la peinture verte deux tons est d'origine, la banquette et habillage sont à l'intérieur pour passer de tourisme à commerciale (l'Espace avant l'heure). j'ai également une ouverture arrière en plus pour remplacer la vitre. Le prix est de 2700€."

"For the miller’s car (first hand) the two-tone green paint is original, the bench and trim are inside to go from tourism to commercial (the Space before the time). I also have an extra rear opening to replace the glass. The price is 2700€"

I know nothing apart from that. If someone is interested he can join me and I'll forward his email to the seller.

RE: Another Rosengart to sell in France - Derek Sheldon - 19-11-2020

The boot area opens up top half goes up and the bottom half drops down.

RE: Another Rosengart to sell in France - Renaud - 19-11-2020

I was wondering Derek. And what model/year is it?

It’s a camionette commercial 1928-29

RE: Another Rosengart to sell in France - JonE - 19-11-2020

is the engine seized? and what sort of interior panels are left? That really is a lovely shape....

Jon E, these cars are interesting to work on, so much like Austin sevens but not. These early versions are very much Austin with metric equivalents. The interior panels are quite basic and easily replicated . As you say they have nice lines and are a bit different to the Austin Seven, this attracted me.
If you go for this it is a fair price And I’m sure that you will get great satisfaction out of bringing it back to its former glory.

RE: Another Rosengart to sell in France - Renaud - 20-11-2020

Hi Jon,
As I previously said I can send you the seller's email. Derek knows him too.
I can also help with the language if needed.

RE: Another Rosengart to sell in France - JonE - 20-11-2020

I don't have any space and I have a nearly identical car in the Woodie! Which indeed, I'm now thinking I should borrow that canvas tilt rear screen arrangement for my own drop down tailgate. You can see the sitting height on mine is higher.

If I had a potential new home coming forward for the Woodie... I'd be mighty tempted!    

RE: Another Rosengart to sell in France - Mike Costigan - 20-11-2020

Jon, unless you're going to glaze all the side windows, a canvas tilt may be hard to keep attached!

RE: Another Rosengart to sell in France - JonE - 20-11-2020

the Rosengart doesn't seem to have any windows in the doors?
I'm thinking that a strategy is needed for park-up times in wet weather. So canvas at rear... and alloy panels in the side tops perhaps. It's so short, one hardly needs the side visibility.